Where are Exchange Tasks on W10M?

Bert McGaughey

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I have recently upgraded to a Lumia 550 running Windows 10 Mobile.

On Windows Phone 8, Tasks were built into the OS within the Mail app, but now I can't see them in the Outlook Mail or Calendar apps.

There are some third party apps but they all seem clunky in comparison to the WP8.

So:

Can Tasks be enabled in W10M?

If not, when will they be added?

If never, what is the best app?

P.S. This is EAS via Office 365.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Tasks don't seem to be supported natively in W10M. There is no announcement (to my knowledge) of this coming in the future.

I use "Wunderlist" since it syncs well across PCs and device platforms, I can even add other participants - e.g. within a company to assign tasks and monitor progress.

Of course there are other apps out there. Check all of them out first before committing yourself to one - that's the only way you'll determine which would suit you the most.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
You're welcome.

I'm not sure what you mean, but based on the Wunderlist Uservoice, it seems that this feature is still not present. At the very least, you can sync your Wunderlist account with your Outlook Calendar such that your tasks appear there.

Bert McGaughey

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I appreciate it but think we're talking at crossed purposes. As far as I can tell Wunderlist is an isolated list taking app. What I'm looking for is an app which syncs Microsoft Exchange Tasks.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Yea, if you are on the preview program, there is tons of feedback about Tasks in outlook.

Windows 10 mobile adds a lot of new stuff, no question but, there are some aspects that it really pulls away from what 8.1 had....this is one of them (other major thing is the Wallet)

This is a feature I use a lot myself and dispointed. Even in 8.1 it looks like it was put in calandar becuase Microsoft had no place to put it (last min thought).

I wish they would release a Exchange/email supported tasks app. A external app that connects to exchange so I can monitor tasks with out havig to be in another program to use it...

Another screw up by Microsoft, the list keeps growing...

Bert McGaughey

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
That's interesting David, thank you.

Do you have a link for the preview program you mentioned?

Is there an official line on the Tasks integration being added? Or is it an element which is being phased out?

I'm trying to use OneNote but it's far from ideal.

agd87

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone managed to find an app that does sync with Tasks from Outlook Calendar? I've tried Wunderlist but it doesn't sync with my current tasks or add any when I add a task in the app.

Bert McGaughey

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
No. No apps on the market sync with all the features of Outlook Tasks.

There are some that sync elements of them but not all of them, for example they only sync the main tasks folder, but no subfolders.

I gave up.

agd87

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
So frustrating. What is the name of the app that can sync the main task folder? That's good enough for me I think.

R0bR

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I believe Microsoft will be doing away with the current Exchange Tasks and integrating Wunderlist in the future as it becomes part of the O365 suite. You can already sign into Wunderlist using SSO, I log into it with my corporate account that I use for O365. Although there isn't information out there that says this is the direction MS is going I did see something during a MS presentation for the new O365 Planner that hints at this direction.

Wunderlist works very well, although it is not integrated you can send emails to your Wunderlist account so they show up as tasks. The Universal App also works well on Windows 10 Desktop and Mobile, I personally find it much better than the Exchange Tasks which haven't changed and always seemed thrown in.

Bert McGaughey

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I believe Microsoft will be doing away with the current Exchange Tasks and integrating Wunderlist in the future as it becomes part of the O365 suite.

Possibly...but considering Office 2016 has only just been released, *and* Outlook 2016 still includes Exchange Tasks *and* it is roughly a three year cycle for Office suite updates - I can't see Wunderlist being integrated with Outlook before 2019.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb