Where the heck is that airplane?

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
The fate of the plane and people of flight 370 is fascinating. Easily the biggest story out there right now. My thoughts and prayers go out to the families of those missing. Lets not give up hope.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
There's sure a lot of crazy theories being tossed around.

My best guess is the plane was on auto pilot, a micro meteor broke one of the windows in the cockpit. The pilot starts to turn the plane around to return to Malaysia due to the broken window, and the window blows out. The cockpit depressurizes and the pilots in a panic try to cover the opening. after a couple of minutes they pass out, and the plane continues on auto pilot for 6 hours until it runs out of gas. During the panic to cover the window, a couple of switches were accidentally hit, turning off the radio and the tracking. It's just a guess.

crazy elf

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
My best guess is, the stolen passports were used by someone to hijack the plane. Turn off the tracking and a plane can fly quite a distance without anyone ever knowing anything. Especially since nothing was really done for several hours. Plane can be anywhere now. That's my guess.

Sent from my big red Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Abducted by aliens. There's no other explanation.

There's people talking aliens, wormholes, dimensional shifts, all kinds of things. I just try to keep my science hat on and look at it as logically as I can. I surprised that they don't put stronger transmitters on the black box, and eliminate any switch that turns any critical system off.

Jonas_H

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
It is kinda weird.
Why did the airplane not send any data before it simply disappeared?? My father said that planes automatically send data to the airports, even during crashes (and even if the pilot did not send any data by himself).

I just hope for all the families and friends of the passengers that everything is okay. I know that's nearly impossible but we should never give up hope!

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Weird story says their phones are ringing....... Most probably they have lumias, nothing can survive such accident..... Can't anyone use find my phone?..... Oh sorry I don't think jokes are appropriate....

Seems like they are "lost".....

No seriously, I hope they are all fine, my prayed go to the families...

Live2Deliver

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
until proven otherwise, i'll buy the super-paranormal abduction theo.......!!!!!!!!!!! *Wiiisssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh-ding!

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
This whole search has changed so much from yesterday. Now they think it could have flown for 7 hours, It changed altitude several times and possible turned a few more times. Someone had to go into a hard to a reach space under the main deck to turn off one of the data systems. They called off the search in Gulf of Thailand and the South China Sea. A lot of nations are getting ticked off for wasting so much time. I think it's on land somewhere now.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
My prediction is that the pilot committed suicide. Maybe information will turn up regarding personal problems in his life: financial, relationship, or something else.

Jonas_H

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
My prediction is that the pilot committed suicide. Maybe information will turn up regarding personal problems in his life: financial, relationship, or something else.

I also thought about that.. But why should he turn off all the data connections to the airports?? Why did the plane turn around then? And why did they not find the plane in this whole ocean area? Also, if he really had commited suicide, then the co-pilot would have brought the plane back home..

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I also thought about that.. But why should he turn off all the data connections to the airports?? Why did the plane turn around then? And why did they not find the plane in this whole ocean area? Also, if he really had commited suicide, then the co-pilot would have brought the plane back home..
No, I'm saying if he committed suicide it was done crashing the plane.

Mike Glynn, a committee member of the Australian and International Pilots Association, said he considers pilot suicide to be the most likely explanation for the disappearance, as was suspected in a SilkAir crash during a flight from Singapore to Jakarta in 1997 and an EgyptAir flight in 1999.

"A pilot rather than a hijacker is more likely to be able to switch off the communications equipment,? Glynn said. ?The last thing that I, as a pilot, want is suspicion to fall on the crew, but it?s happened twice before.?

Glynn said a pilot may have sought to fly the plane into the Indian Ocean to reduce the chances of recovering data recorders, and to conceal the cause of the disaster.
http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014...in-disappearance-of-malaysia-airlines-flight/

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
There is serious need to fix such tracking system.
How irony! We are in search of planets in the universe but we cant find a plane lost on earth itself..

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Reddit had a very interesting thread about this at /r/askreddit
It wasn't serious, but it was asking what was the craziest way this could end.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb