Where to find a replacement battery?

VRocker88

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
My battery has recently started showing signs that it's dying, ranging from quick discharging (1% every 5s of video) to causing crashes and random shutdowns.
Contacted B2X who first suggested i send the device to them for them to confirm the battery was knackered and do nothing as the device is almost 2 years old. I asked if they could just sell me a battery to which they said no and suggest i buy one from microsoftstore.com (yeah... good luck finding a battery on there)

So the question i have for you good people is, does anybody know of a place to buy a legit battery for my 950? I'm not ready for this thing to die yet and i really don't want to buy some fake piece of crap which explodes after a few days.

I've found a few BV-T5Es on Amazon UK but i was wondering if anyone else had purchased one and found it to be as good as the original?

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Your best bet is Amazon or eBay. Since moving from my 950XL to an Elite X3 it really showed me how bad the battery of my 950XL had got. It barely lasted a day whilst the Elite X3 easily manages a day and doesn't even use a quarter of the total battery.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Amazon.

When I got my (gently used) 950 in September I already had 2 of these replacement batteries waiting. They fit really tight (a plus since the OEM battery is somewhat loose and it may lose contact and cause unexpected shutdown). Great price as well, IMHO. Haven't had issue with them and I used the snot out of them during a 2 week vacation in Portugal where my Lumia 950 was on heavy duty camera detail. It does take a few charge/discharge cycles for the phone to figure out the battery capacity as it differs from stock.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B074V3GKW1/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

dacarter77

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I wasted $12 on one of these Amazon batteries. It was fine for a couple of days, but then the phone would reboot every time I pressed the unlock button and sometimes not come on at all. Back to the 2 year old battery and no issues. Don't waste your money!

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I wasted $12 on one of these Amazon batteries. It was fine for a couple of days, but then the phone would reboot every time I pressed the unlock button and sometimes not come on at all. Back to the 2 year old battery and no issues. Don't waste your money!

Got the brand name so users can avoid it? The one I linked above had good reviews overall and my 2 units have not given me issues as of yet.

dacarter77

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
TQTHL 3200mAh, $10.50 on Amazon. I waited a couple of weeks before installing so now I've missed the 30 day return window. Guess it goes in the trash. Not sure why I didn't see the other bad reviews on Amazon when I bought it.

dacarter77

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Just bought another battery that is supposed to be from MS on walmart.com. Price was $22. I'll report back how it works out. Sounds like the fakes don't support fast charging, so that will be an easy test.

dacarter77

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Got the walmart.com battery today. If it's a fake, it's a really good fake. It has "Microsoft" etched into the back just like the original. It came fully discharged, and withing 30 minutes, it was up to 65% so fast charging is working and I'm convinced this is a MS battery. I've been having trouble making it through the day, so hopefully that will improve. I'll report back in a few days.

deuce01

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Got the walmart.com battery today. If it's a fake, it's a really good fake. It has "Microsoft" etched into the back just like the original. It came fully discharged, and withing 30 minutes, it was up to 65% so fast charging is working and I'm convinced this is a MS battery. I've been having trouble making it through the day, so hopefully that will improve. I'll report back in a few days.

How's the battery working out? I need to buy one for mine and am interested in your experience so far.

dacarter77

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
It's working great. Big improvement, no issues at all. The unexpected afternoon/evening "GoodBye's" are a thing of the past. I'm convinced this battery is the real deal!

nt40lanman

Apr 5, 2017
Visit site
What are people getting for battery life? I just got a "seller refurb" 950 from EBay with a cheapo battery and I'm at 20 hours. The 640 I switched from could go easily double that. Also, has anyone tried one of the 3400mah batteries on Amazon?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786