Which Nokia Qi chargers work with the 950 XL? Does the Fatboy?

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I have the anker qi puck - don't think i've ever woken to find it at 100%

Usually around 92-94%. I think it gets to fully charged then shutsdown and doesn't top up, hence dropping slowly [i usually stick on the plate at 10.30pm and take off at 7am]
I have this same issue with three different chargers I have used for overnight charging including an original Nokia DT901. Shows as 100% then there is a sharp dip as the morning alarm goes off. I normally use it for a while checking emails, FB, weather forecast etc with my wake-up coffee then put it back on charge while I shower and dress so back up to 100% by the time I go out.

These are the same chargers that when used in the living room for a charge in the middle of the day get up to a 100% and stay at 100% so like you I think it is do with trickle charging shutting down and not starting up again (combined with a glitch in my case with reporting of the charge status - I suspect that is due to having Glance being set off overnight). Does anyone know what the threshhold is for trickle charging to kick back in - 90%?

Chippy757

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
Small update: So I got myself Anker charger with usb c cable. the new charger does it's job as should but when used with the plate off the 930 it is very hard to get it to start charging. On/off many times - nothing, then suddenly it kicks in. When I try with S6 Edge is all good every time. Makes me think that there is an issue with wireless charging on these phones at the moment, perhaps just software. Will try with Samsung plate next and see. Never had these issues with 930...

Chippy757

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
Pls let us know how fast this charger charges the 950 XL :)

This charger indeed is interesting as it has a build in air fan (due to the high charging power / heat).

Thing is I always charge phone overnight, so it may be a while until I get to check time it takes do do full charge, but will see.

Chippy757

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
So I decided to check how long it takes to charge today, since getting the 3Ah Anker charger and borrowed Samsung charging plate - from dead to 100% it took 3.5 hrs.
In 1.5 hrs it was at 48%. Phone stayed warm all the time but not too hot. Still need to check how long wired Anker charger takes to charge phone fully. I think I will get Samsung plate for myself also, since my 930 will be going for sale soon and DT-601 plate does not work with 950 well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manu0620