Which version of visual studio should i use for my pc

Donkor FRITZ

Jun 7, 2017
Visit site
I have an HP pavilion dv4
And I have tried installing visual studio but when I try my PC becomes even slower.
Specs of my PC
Pentium (R) Dual core cpu T4300@2.10ghz
4GB ram
64bit operating system
Running Windows 10 creators update

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I have an HP pavilion dv4
And I have tried installing visual studio but when I try my PC becomes even slower.
Specs of my PC
Pentium (R) Dual core cpu T4300@2.10ghz
4GB ram
64bit operating system
Running Windows 10 creators update

These are the system requirements: https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/productinfo/vs2017-system-requirements-vs

However, if you're running several other software like a browser, office and video player, your pc will run very slow as the processor cannot handle all that

Try running Visual Studio alone, with nothing else running

And check which programs/apps are running in the background

1q2w3e4r5t6y7

Jun 7, 2017
Visit site
ok, if you are noticed there are three types of versions, the comunnity versión, that has the basic tools for developers, the profesional versión that has a lot of web tools, and diagnistic tolos, and finally the Enterprise versión, this last has a lot of capabilities for all the types of developers, since a console app and another tolos like web services, plotting.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
That spec PC is slow by today's standards. I would run an older version of Visual Studio (e.g. 2013 version) for reasonable performance. If you really want to develop for only Windows 10 then 2017 Community Edition will be the lightest version, but I think it will really struggle.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel