Who is buying the Lumia 830 when it comes out?

spiff_p239

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I returned my iPhone 6 today and picked up the 830. I don't really have much use for the FitBit so I'll probably sell it for $50. That'll get me a Qi charger and micro SD card so I'm okay with that.

EMINENT 1

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
i was really torn on the two. Stayed up late last night watching reviews on Youtube to make sure I got the right one. Decided on the 830. Had an appointment for 11:30am and the store had them on display, but didn't have either one in stock so I left. Checked the website for store availablility and it showed finally. Guess they just didn't get their shipment in yet. Ordered the phone for in store pickup and got it on my lunch break.

I went with the 830 because I couldn't do without the wireless charging and glance. I have wireless chargers for my desk at home, work and the Nokia wireless car charger and coudn't imagine giving that up. Love having glance backgrounds alternating in my car on the cradle. I considered the M8 because I really wanted Hey Cortana, but there was no guarantee it'd be available. And, I really wanted the on screen nav buttons as I absolutely HATE accidentally hitting the search and back buttons. In the end, the lack of qi, glance and dedicated camera did it in for the M8. From a 920, I thought the screen would be sub par, but I was pleasantly surprised that the screen is great. I thought i'd be disappointed in the lower res as it's a lower ppi due to the bigger size, but the bigger size makes up for it and just looks amazing. The screen pops a little more in vibrance somehow. Don't know if it's just normally set brighter. Kinda disappointed in the black levels, but it's ok.

Overall, i'm happy with my decision, although disappointed that I had to settle.

My perfect phone would have qi, camera button, Pureview, glance, screen nav buttons, rounded corners, 1080p, 8xx processor, sd card, red/metal color. Still hoping sooner rather than later.

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I've called about half dozen ATT corporate stores in Boston and suburbs, not a single store received a shipment of the 830, nor could they tell me when they were. Most had no idea what i was talking about. What a "release date."

decidedlyjeff

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
The 830 RM-985 I ordered off B&H came in yesterday. The bands can be seen on the label below. It's running great on AT&T for me--LTE, MMS, etc. working with no need to fiddle with any settings.

This is definitely targeted at the Latin American market since the default locale on startup was Espa?ol (Mexico) and there was some regulatory documentation in the box for Mexico and Columbia.

Attachments

• 300000d.jpg
    300000d.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 20
  • 300000b.jpg
    300000b.jpg
    579.3 KB · Views: 21

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I've called about half dozen ATT corporate stores in Boston and suburbs, not a single store received a shipment of the 830, nor could they tell me when they were. Most had no idea what i was talking about. What a "release date."
That's weird! The store I went to this morning had it in a nice display right along the rest of the Windows Phone line up. Behind the display, there was a big poster highlighting the 830 and the Fitbit promotion. So far, I'm really enjoying this phone.

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
That's weird! The store I went to this morning had it in a nice display right along the rest of the Windows Phone line up. Behind the display, there was a big poster highlighting the 830 and the Fitbit promotion. So far, I'm really enjoying this phone.

Found a store that got a delivery this afternoon and picked it up with the Fitbit. They had no promotion for it, and had no accessories such as cases or Qi chargers. But I got the phone and a up and running.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
My contract is up at AT&T next week and I thought my only choice was contract or full price (don't care for Next). Was strongly leaning to full price, but now I've at least got to wait until tomorrow and see what two Lumia phones MS comes out with how soon they'll be available.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
My contract is up at AT&T next week and I thought my only choice was contract or full price (don't care for Next). Was strongly leaning to full price, but now I've at least got to wait until tomorrow and see what two Lumia phones MS comes out with how soon they'll be available.

Just because you go with any of the Next deals, doesn't mean that you don't have the option to pay off your phone anytime you want. It's easily done on the att website while managing your account. I made two Next payments and then decided to pay it off.

grininja

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I got my black Lumia 830 as an upgrade from Lumia 720. It is a beautiful device, and the black metal edge gives it elegance.

There are two major differences (putting aside the bigger screen) ...

The good news: the 830 is lighting fast, clearly a better experience.
Now the bad news. Screen's viewing angles are awful, especially from left or right. My old Lumia 720 it's 1.5 times better, has a deeper black, and the glance screen is, well..., black. On Lumia 830 the black level depends from where you look at it.

I take this issue so seriously that I am considering to return it and move to Xperia Z3 Compact (it will be my first Android phone).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124