Who wants Glance Feature and Equalizer for Lumia 520/521

Optimus82

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Glance takes advantage of amoled screens ability to individually light each pixel instead of the whole screen being lit. The 52x doesn't have an amoled screen.

I wouldn't mind the double tap to wake though

Oakdale Dude

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I can live without glance since I always wear a watch and it does not take much effort to look at my wrist..and when I'm sleeping or showering and not wearing a watch, who cares what time it is anyway!

An equalizer would be very useful though. Double tap might be useful too.

halamadridkimi

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Problem is not lcd screen, because only 625 820 925 and 1020 have amoled other lumias like 920, 720, 620 has lcd too but will get glance screen, problem is something else maybe some sensor is missing from the 520/521

santhosh5639

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
The problem we wont get Glance feature because L520 has lower display memory......!!!!!! (Read below)

Nokia has begun to roll out its Amber update for Windows 8 Lumia phones, which enables a slew of new camera apps and features, but some Lumia owners won’t get the update until September.

The new Amber software update shows off Nokia's efforts to build upon Microsoft's own latest Windows Phone update called GDR2, which introduces FM radio, Google calendar and contact support, among other features. Given Nokia's dominance over the Windows Phone footprint, it means most Windows Phones benefit from Nokia's work.
Read this
Does Nokia's Here launch imagine a world without Nokia phones?

Does Nokia's Here launch imagine a world without Nokia phones?

Read more

Amber will go someway to aligning the experience across its growing list of high- and low-end Lumia devices released in the past year. For example, Nokia's Smart Camera, which shipped on the Lumia 925, can be installed on devices with the update. The app lets people select the best image from a series of 10.

Owners of Nokia's Lumia 920, 820, 720, 620, 520, 928, 822, 521 and 810 can expect a notification at some point from today until the end of September to install an over-the-air update delivered by carriers. Newer Lumia phones like the Lumia 625, 925 and 1020 shipped with Amber installed.

The update will first reach Lumia 920 and 820 in selected countries. In the US, the update is available for the Lumia 521 and Lumia 810 on T-Mobile, and the 928 on Verizon.

In the UK, Vodafone has Amber for the Lumia 920, but the update is 'waiting for approval' on O2, EE and 3. Amber for other models is still in the pipeline at all carriers in the UK. It's also available for the 920 from Orange in France, Vodafone in Ireland, KPN and Vodafone in the Netherlands, Telenor in Norway, and Vodafone in Spain. The update is also available for some 'country variant' models in Europe.

Besides Nokia's Smart Camera, other apps enabled by update include Nokia's Pro Camera for video — however, this is only available for the higher end Lumia 920, 925, and 928 — while all Windows Phone 8 Lumia devices can install the Nokia Video Trimmer and Nokia Video Upload for you Tube. Pro Camera first featured on Nokia's Lumia 1020, which sports the 41-megapixel camera.

Amber also carries the new 'glance screen' which reveals the clock and battery level when the phone is inactive, though the Lumia 625's and 520's lightweight display memory is incapable of supporting the glance screen.

To mute incoming calls, owners can flip the phone on its face, while using a double tap on the screen instead of using the unlock key.

There's also the new storage check feature that displays what's consuming space, while Amber clears the way to update Nokia's Here maps and enable a new caller blacklist filter.

Source: Nokia releases Amber, aligning features and apps across its Lumia range | ZDNet

WeAreNotAlone

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Lets see who wants Glance Feature and Eqalizer on Lumia 520/521... Please poll your answer...

New to WP8...

Could you expand on (edit your opening post) on what the Glance Feature and Eqalizer on Lumia 520/521 is?

Glance is a feature that shows Time and basic info (Battery, signal strength )while screen is idle /Phone is "locked". - it does not show missed calls messages, etc
(Basically it's a CLOCK, and it's displaying the icons at the top of the screen, nothing more, right?)

Equalizer ? (I'm assuming it's a sound app)

Double Tap (Wake phone with Double tap = yes I what that)

PS: Why would lower screen memory affect "Glance"? I'm wondering how the phone can record HD video, and play it back? and not be able to display a CLOCK and some text. The phone has a PROXIMITY sensor, so that's not the problem.
Sounds like Nokia wants to reserve advanced features for higher end phones.

Bipin kumar

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Obviously we will prefer equalizer bz it is a necessity but glance screen is a accessory.and those developers who r saying that equalizer depends on hardware which is not in L520,i wanna ask him that there is no such things like hardware is needed for an equalizer to run....u guyz can make radio run in this device by giving amber update which can only run bz of hardware issue and this equalizer cannot ,that i canot understand....there is nothing needed except an update for the equalizer ro run......so plz give an update to run equalizer......thanks

WeAreNotAlone

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Obviously we will prefer equalizer bz it is a necessity but glance screen is a accessory.and those developers who r saying that equalizer depends on hardware which is not in L520,i wanna ask him that there is no such things like hardware is needed for an equalizer to run....u guyz can make radio run in this device by giving amber update which can only run bz of hardware issue and this equalizer cannot ,that i canot understand....there is nothing needed except an update for the equalizer ro run......so plz give an update to run equalizer......thanks

WeAreNotAlone

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Equalizer necessary?
Glance not?

Both are needed.

Will owners see these features?

NO, as it's a way of differentiating the LOW and HIGH end models.
EG You will have to buy high end model to get high end features.

The ONLY way I see these features on the low end devices is someone hacking into the OS and enabling them.

impratick

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Problem is not lcd screen, because only 625 820 925 and 1020 have amoled other lumias like 920, 720, 620 has lcd too but will get glance screen, problem is something else maybe some sensor is missing from the 520/521

glance is not working in 52x coz having some hardware prob!! no idea about equaliser

Mahi_Sap

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Before black Update some others told that, Double tap to wakeup wont come to L520 because of HWare Limitations, bt it Came. Same happend with FM also.

Please do make the equalizer available to 520/521/525 :)

genuine555

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
DEFINATELY the equalizer. Way more important than the glance gadget. Glance would eat 3-5 % of the battery anyway, and more over, the screen on 520/521 doesn't support the low energy requirements needed for glance anyway. So imo, those two polls should have been seperate.

Glance isn't possible, but the equalizer is. Some say the L520/521 also doesn't have the "hardware" for an EQ, but that is bull. If it has music playing capabilities, the EQ is always possible. It is nothing but a software filter in between the signal.

Glance does not have a real "necessity" value, but the equalizer does. I can do without glance, but really, I can't do without an EQ. I am craving for one.

Glance wouldn't make the L520/521 a better phone, but the equalizer would make it a better music player.

cw1988

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I have a L520 and just updated to the black firmware and have double tap to wake.

I did a hard reset after updating to black incase that made any difference.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077