Who wants the Round edge tiles? [answer found. Its not needed anymore]

JoneKone

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: Who wants the Round edge tiles?

Not keen on getting a more Androidish UI. However I would prefer a few more tweaking options for the current layout:

- More tile colors
- Background colors (e.g yellow phone with yellow background and purple tiles??)
- Translucent tiles? (maybe)

cw1988

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site

No, the current tiles are perfect and unique.

Leave the rounded tiles to every other phone company.

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site

Yuck.

The entire point of the Metro interface is that it conveys important info while remaining elegant and retaining a minimalistic design.
That UI concept is a hideous cluttered mess and reminds me of a Droid homescreen. That is to say, not pretty. WP8 is sleek and sexy. Droid is not(but can be).
And that homescreen (far right) looks just like iOS or Jolla! Why would you want WP to look exactly like other OSes?

hmm, Now I knew whats so special about Windows Phone community. They dont want anything borrowed. The WP8 looks super fine and impress all other phone users with fluidic transitions and simplicity. I m really amuzed to see how much the Community cares for the uniqueness the platform has!!

Just forgive me all brothers, I just lost my point here. Thanks for waking me up from the Dream..

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
No. Looks too cluttered. Important low information tiles (phone, email, txt) get the small tile (shows number, nothing more). Calendar and people tiles give more information, but still don't clutter things at medium size. I found no use for the double wide tiles of any apps that I use. Props for "Within Temptation" on your music tile though :)

JohnStrk

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Ewww boring static rounded icons! No thanks. Love my live tiles the way they are. The only rounded edges I want are the ones on the sides of my Lumia 920 :excited:

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Amazing, gorgeous, just a sight of natural flowing beauty. Rounded edges, wallpapers, just a great concept.

*unable to keep a straight face, falls over laughing.... tears streaming down face*

MilkyTee

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site

hmm, Now I knew whats so special about Windows Phone community. They dont want anything borrowed. The WP8 looks super fine and impress all other phone users with fluidic transitions and simplicity. I m really amuzed to see how much the Community cares for the uniqueness the platform has!!

Just forgive me all brothers, I just lost my point here. Thanks for waking me up from the Dream..
You're just miguided is all :winktongue:
The main thing I like about WP is how it's totally divorced from most OSes out there. If you look at any up and coming mobile OS (Sailfish, Firefox OS), they ALL borrow from existing designs, without bringing anything new to the table. No matter how "new and refreshing" they claim to be, you're getting the same core experience. Place all the OSes in a line in front of Average Joe and he's going to have a hard time distinguishing them from each other. WP8 on the other hand, very recognisable.

I firmly believe WP has been the only OS to shake conventions since the first iteration of iOS back in '07.

possumdel

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't mind the wallpaper it actually all looks pretty good to me. Except the the apps when you go to app list.
Yeah, I agree.
I'm in the minority as far as liking the tiles. I don't! I don't care for the Metro/Modern or whatever else you want to call it. Actually that's not entirely true. I like a lot of the Modern look within apps. What I don't like is the Start screen square tiles look. Seems cold, sterile and boring to me. The rounded tiles seem more warm and inviting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psyduck