Who wants the Round edge tiles? [answer found. Its not needed anymore]

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
If they are round, they aren't corners

Hah beats me!, I couldn't help posting his avatar on your post with your avatar :p.
As if you said something and he is looking at you.
Lol.

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Who wants the Round edge tiles?

I personally don't like it. Windows 8, Windows RT, and Windows Phone 8 all have the same square, flat theme. And it works for all of them. It is recognizable. The concept that OP shows just blends in with the crowd and doesn't stand out. Plus it looks too much like Symbian.

Also, the square tiles also match perfectly with Nokia's square hardware. It just goes.

Mercule

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
At first, I thought the ability to have wallpaper might be nice. Then I realized a) I'm not good enough at taking pictures to get one I want to see every time I look at my phone, b) it would be hidden behind the live tiles, anyway, c) I'd end up with at least one live tile that had a clashing color and looked horrible.

The rounded icons caused immediate revulsion.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think it looks nice, but when put into a context with Windows Phone, it results in a resounding NO.

If it were a skin for Android a la Sense or TouchWiz, I'd give it a go. but not on WP.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
What's all the fuss about, they're tiles? By industry standards, "tiles" have 90 or 45 degree corners, thus the name for WP icons. I wouldn't mind a slight webOS-ish rounded edge, or at least the option to do so. Android and iOS have a noticeable gap between their icons while WP's tiles are butted up to each other. I don't see any resemblance but Apple might sue anyway if MS did it so it's a moot point.

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I personally am against the the square flat look software has been going to lately. I design all my websites with border-radius on practically everything. Its amazing how something so simple makes it look so much better. I also put in several gradients. Its the difference between a website that looks primitive and something that looks truly amazing. I love windows phone, but I don't think that it needs to be square or mono-chromatic. In fact I wish it wasn't.

rysliv

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
This really looks like meego to me, the swiping to new screens, even the app icons look similar. I prefer the already square/rectangle tiles.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786