Who would like to see microsoft unlock the Zune Players

cowboy6201

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean by "unlock the Zune player"?

I understand unlocking phones, but what is unlocking an MP3 player?
because the Zune player is specific to the Zune software,it will not work with any other software to add musicto the player.
just like a Phone is specific to its carrier the Zune player needs to be unlocked to work with like the media player Ect. Microsoft is slowly doing away with the Zune software which means my Zune HD 64 GB player will be useless at that point.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I never had a Zune music player device, but, I use the great and wonderful Zune PC Software. I remember all its amazing features to connect to devices (SYNC) and its original and intelligent music service, was way ahead of its time. It is still great, even as MS little by little, eliminates features. Now are you saying that the new pale replacement, Xbox music doesn't support the ZUNE Music Players? Wow.

cowboy6201

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I never had a Zune music player device, but, I use the great and wonderful Zune PC Software. I remember all its amazing features to connect to devices (SYNC) and its original and intelligent music service, was way ahead of its time. It is still great, even as MS little by little, eliminates features. Now are you saying that the new pale replacement, Xbox music doesn't support the ZUNE Music Players? Wow.
yes that's right no support at all very upsetting, you would think they would do a firmware update to the Zune devices to make them compatible with Xbox. The new service uses a different DRM than Zune does and the Zune devices are locked to the Zune player.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss