Who's killing my date & time. Nokia or 3

Gmotagi

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Someone is killing my date and time on my phones and I'm trying to find out if its a Nokia problem or if its with '3' (UK).

Wife & daughter have a Lumia 800, I have a 820 and what happens on all these phones is that if they are left to get date & time from the network nothing happens (or maybe it does but takes days?) i.e. the date and time are not automatically set. So what I typically do is to manually set the time then switch to automatic, but this still seems to desync sometimes and will slowly get out of time.

Is this a fault with Nokia or does 3 just not have a network time service running or are WP/Nokia incompatible with the 3 service?

Anyone have similar experience or know whats going on?
Cheers

Bourbs

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
My time does not automatically set either and I am on T-Mobile with my 920. Setting it to auto changes it to +1 european time instead of GMT.

Mafiatounes

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue a week ago i did not notice at first, 2 of my apps did not work Metrotube & Nextgen Reader wich was weird, after setting time manually they worked again. I still don't know what may have caused this.. The operator or a bug in the phone?

Nokia Lumia 920 with Proximus a Belgian operator.

Verstuurd van mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

kbronctjr

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
It should get the date and time from the Microsoft server or some server, like Windows does. In the spanish portico version the automatic option doesnt even appear, as it is useless.... Microsoft should fix this
Enviado desde mi Lumia 920 usando Board Express Pro

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs