Who's Planning to get a Surface Studio?

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm not at all interested. I prefer tower form factor for desktop PCs. All in one that isn't upgradeable is useless to me.

I know what you mean.

While it would be far from useless for me since it would be enough for 85% of what I do, I can't justify the purchase because I'd still need to keep a tower around for some work. That means another desk with another computer.

Mind you... if I had $4200 just laying around this would probably be my first impulse buy. Then I'd have to look for space for it.

But in time, I expect that I'd get tired of moving from PC to PC, and I'd end up spending all my time on my more powerful computer. And it would only get worse as time went on and I could upgrade my tower and the power difference would be bigger and bigger.

But if the monitor was separate... oh boy. I'd go into debt for it.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Still, if this is the best tool you can use at the time, wouldn't it be worth the investment? Sell it when upgrade time comes?

I have been working out scenarios in my head where I can try to justify it. haha

I do 3D work though. And while this would more than handle most of the modeling, it wouldn't be ideal for rendering.

Then again... I could just use my other PC purely for rendering. Ack! There I go... trying to justify it...

...but it could be done...

...too much money...

...but think of the workflow efficiency improvements...

...not needed. Need to be leaner with budget...

...but time is money, and the could improve time in asset creation...

...could just get a Cintiq...

...but a Cintiq won't have that pixel density. Eyes will get tired faster...

...ack!

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Pre ordered the i7/32MB/2TB version on BestBuy, and they show release date of Dec 15. Perhaps they got an allotment of units that is separate from MS Store, the latter now shows only 2017 delivery.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I want one sooooo bad! I just placed an order for a 65" Z65D 4K TV last night (I was hoping I could fix my 65" Panasonic Plasma V10, but after changing, or testing all the boards it still will not stay powered on for more than 10mins), if I wouldn't have had to buy the TV, I was definitely going to get the middle Surface Studio....I still might (once the TV pill goes down:)

Dec 10, 2016
Visit site
Well, now that Microsoft has officially rocked our socks off with the Surface Studio announcement... Who's going to get one? This thing is cool as all get out!

The thinnest display ever, and it's a touch screen! And that form factor. Damn!

Microsoft announces "Surface Studio", an all-in-one touch PC for creators | Windows Central
I want to update my 2007 excel to 2013 but i have too many formulas, information.So, will i lose this formulas and info?And if i do how can i keep all what i already have?Please take into consideration that English is my second language and please write it simple.Thank you!

locowd

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Just go my "out for delivery" confirmation. Surface Studio's purchased from Best Buy are arriving today via Ontrac shipping service.

mdgs

Dec 15, 2016
Visit site
I don't need one, so why did I preorder it? (i7 16GB)
1. I don't work in art - I'm a web developer, but I have an Adobe Creative Cloud membership, and I just like messing around with graphics.
2. Upgradability doesn't matter. Been buying computers, Apples mostly, for 25 years. I never upgrade any of them. Added RAM a couple of times.
3. The Surface Studio seemed flat fantastic when I tried it in the store. Specs don't mean much to me at all. I only care that it can run the graphic software I need, and run it fast enough that I'm happy with the performance. For me, the apps are Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, and Clip Studio Painter Pro. Maybe Blender.
4. Windows 10 has turned into a cool looking OS, and I like it. It doesn't match MacOS yet, but it's good enough. For the most part, the same applications are available across both systems.

grob9642

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
I am collecting gift and debit cards this X-mas so that I might buy one in January. New year, new computer. Sounds right! 2017 Year of The Surface!! ;)

Minh Junior Dinh

Dec 21, 2016
Visit site
It looks cool, but it's way out of my budget. I would probably go through some heavy deliberation between the iMac and the Surface Studio. Still cool though ;) Then again, I'm only a student starting VCE.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6