Why all hate microsoft windows phone?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Actually as far as I see... to most it's just a phone.
To some every phone is an iPhone.
Other buyers stick with Samsung thinking it's be all end all Android device.

I was trying to say most users just don't really care.
If you notice out of the billions that have a phone in their purse or pocket the majority aren't on the web talking about the device they have.

I had to chuckle a couple days ago when I saw a listing in an online garage sale my wife is a member of. Someone had listed an "Amazon iPad". [serious] It was some version of Fire tablet. The point is that to some (a lot of) people, all tablets are iPads, just as all smartphones are iPhones.

+1 to both of your points. Lol @ Amazon iPad.

One of my friends knows that she has an Android, but didn't know which one. I had to tell her what phone she has. lol.

My mom continues to call her Android tablet an iPad even though I keep telling her it's not. Her brother does the same thing ALL the time.
"Oh yeah do you have my iPad? Can you get my iPad?"
-sees no iPad, brings tablet looking thing- "Is this it?"
"Yeah yeah that's my iPad"

Welp.

ahmedamash

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site

One of my friends knows that she has an Android, but didn't know which one. I had to tell her what phone she has. lol.

My mom continues to call her Android tablet an iPad even though I keep telling her it's not. Her brother does the same thing ALL the time.

Welp.

Haha

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
This is a well beaten subject.

I don't think it's a matter of dislike, it's just news.
The day that Windows Mobile stops being talked about would be the day it actually dies.

The bigger picture to me is that WP has it's current user base and that's all it's going to get.
It's way too late for an extensive push of the 3rd platform in order to gain new users.
Perhaps if the OS was easily tweakable maybe there would be a surge in interest.

I think newbies who do look at WP devices might ask "So what else is available?" and when certain limits become apparent they go elsewhere.
People get tired of things not happening and in the real world smartphone users en-mass could care less about the OS or devices in general.

A number of folks believe Microsoft just hasn't serviced it's mobile platform all that well.
Wouldn't it be much better to use what we have versus worrying about it?

We can defend something all day long, but there comes a point...
I think this is a great point. I read all the websites and their news about windows phone. I have noticed a lot of Windows Enthusiasts though seem to take any negative news personally as if the authors are trying to make sure windows phone dies. I don't see it like that. Sure there are some out there who would probably be happy if it did but I certainly don't think the likes of Paul Thurrot etc would be happy despite what some think.

Reminds me of the movie 2010. Dave Bowman is a Windows Mobile/Phone enthusiast with Dr Floyd as your average consumer :grincry:

Dave Bowman: You see, something's going to happen. You must leave.
Dr. Floyd: What? What's going to happen?
Dave Bowman: Something wonderful.
Dr. Floyd: What?
Dave Bowman: I understand how you feel. You see, it's all very clear to me now. The whole thing. It's wonderful.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I think most people just don't understand or want to take the time to understand Windows 10 Mobile. Although you'd think with the merging of desktop and mobile that more people would "get it".

For end users there is exactly zero benefit to "the merging of desktop and mobile". Because developers can create a single app which runs on multiple form factors with less effort (compared to competing systems), that is of benefit to them, but consumers couldn't care less about that sort of thing.

Until desktop apps take off, and some of them start trickling down to W10M, the "merging of desktop and mobile" is pretty much irrelevant to consumers.

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I do think that sometimes the articles on this site unwillingly contribute fuel to the burning hate of Windows Phone and Microsoft...

Udara

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
Dont worry... Actually windows mobile have smaller number of apps compared to Android & Apple....

But nothing to worry Because NOKIA is coming with Android. Then we all can say good bye to Microsoft Windows mobile.
i still believe that NOKIA is the BEST.....

Michael Tillman

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
As I told you on the other post, this is not a real Nokia phone. Foxconn bought the rights to make Nokia phones. Nokia does not make phones anymore. Nothing to get excited about.

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I am dumbfounded by the trolls that lurk on this site. Seriously, if the lack of an app can ruin ones existence, then this society it doomed. And if that's the case, I'll be taking pics of it to the bloody end with my Windows phone. This notion that being a 3rd option matters. What matters is Microsoft is in no way backing off the platform. The next entire update, RS2, is almost solely for the mobile platform. MS sees the future with a truly all in one device. Its sink or swim, but we aren't sinking any time soon. Computer sales are decreasing. Laptop sales are decreasing. IPad sales are decreasing. Yet the Surface line grows and grows... chew on that for a bit. There will soon be a midget counterpart to the Surface. Lets see what happens.

Michael Tillman

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Well said. I think a surface phone along with OEMs making phones that are continuum ready will be the future of mobile. I truly believe Microsoft has a great game plan. I'm quite optimistic.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I'm curious where this notion that mobile will be the "focus" of the next Windows update came from, is there any official source for this? Seems to be stated quite often but I don't recall any official statement to that effect.

Sent from mTalk

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
.the windows store has everything I need and more.

Good for you then. For a starter, I cannot find Pokemon Go. Don't tell me that you are not playing that because the world doesn't evolve around you. Next are the local banking apps. For 3 long years, local banks in my country are still not making any windows phone apps. And these are only tip of the ice berg.

Some 3rs party apps are actually better than the official ones.

3rd parties are at the mercy of the companies who released their official apps. API changes will result in 3rd party apps screwing up.... 3rd party apps are not the way to go for a platform to perform well.

gbm97

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
The Windows Insider program brought on much negativity to Windows 10 mobile due to the foul mouths of some Insiders not realizing what exactly is the Insiders program.
Oh my such negativity. :cool:
I admit I'm one of them.

...till August 16th its ok to be kinda broken still.
After that lets hope for praise.
I like Windows, rather not go back to Android.

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Good for you then. For a starter, I cannot find Pokemon Go. Don't tell me that you are not playing that because the world doesn't evolve around you. Next are the local banking apps. For 3 long years, local banks in my country are still not making any windows phone apps. And these are only tip of the ice berg.

3rd parties are at the mercy of the companies who released their official apps. API changes will result in 3rd party apps screwing up.... 3rd party apps are not the way to go for a platform to perform well.

Not to forget that Amazon discontinued WP app, so cant access app only promotions

wgs84

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

Welp.

My dad is like that too. He has a Galaxy Tab 4 10.1, and he keeps calling it an iPad. He has a Lumia 640, and he keeps calling it an iPhone. It's the same reason every time I use Samsung Pay, the cashier tells me, "Oh, sorry., Apple Pay won't work on this." That's some mindshare Apple's got there.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
What it seems bother people in this ecosystem more than anything is the closed doors to things they find important. First it was spec. Now that we have spec, its things people want to do while everyone else is doing it. Instagram, Banking apps, Starbucks, Pokemon Go, Snapchat etc. Over time, some of the missing apps people wanted are now in the store, but as been our history, we get it late and many that wanted these apps, have abandoned the platform. If people can't hit up the store and download these social apps, they will go to where that happens. Bottom line, its not that people hate the platform for the hell of it, people don't like change especially when its forced on em.

ahmedamash

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
What it seems bother people in this ecosystem more than anything is the closed doors to things they find important. First it was spec. Now that we have spec, its things people want to do while everyone else is doing it. Instagram, Banking apps, Starbucks, Pokemon Go, Snapchat etc. Over time, some of the missing apps people wanted are now in the store, but as been our history, we get it late and many that wanted these apps, have abandoned the platform. If people can't hit up the store and download these social apps, they will go to where that happens. Bottom line, its not that people hate the platform for the hell of it, people don't like change especially when its forced on em.

Yes, we are always on a lower side compare to others , we get late update less features every time new app came into market we have to wait for long time to get it ,we a seen instagram app for windows 8.1 stays in beta for one years without any update the problem is they don't take us seriously.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
As I told you on the other post, this is not a real Nokia phone. Foxconn bought the rights to make Nokia phones. Nokia does not make phones anymore. Nothing to get excited about.

You got that a bit wrong.

Nokia is licencing their name and patents to HMD, which is made up of ex Nokia executives. HMD, Nokia and FIH will be partners in making the phones with the Nokia name.

Details are here in case you missed it - The Nokia brand is coming back... on Android | Windows Central

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb