Why am I not able to make my currently playing music display on my lock screen?

Fareeztion

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
I can't make my now playing music as my lock screen

i somehow can't make it as my lock screen although i already "on" my "show artist when playing music" im new to wp

Nathan Shoesmith1

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: I can't make my now playing music as my lock screen

Try going to settings then lock screen and show artist when playing music
This will only work with an active internet connection

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site

turn it off and turn it back on. if that doesn't work, turn it off. reboot the phone. then turn it back on.

I know it works for sure with Xbox Music. With your own MP3s, I'm not so sure.

SamJHannan

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site

turn it off and turn it back on. if that doesn't work, turn it off. reboot the phone. then turn it back on.

I know it works for sure with Xbox Music. With your own MP3s, I'm not so sure.

My experience is with my own mp3s and mixradio, that makes sense.

Bagzton

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site

Wait. I thought we lost this feature when 8.1 arrived? Or am I missing something? The last time I had this work for me was on 8.0, never worked since 8.1 even though I have it turned on.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site

it works. it's just flaky. you just have to toggle it off and on when it stops working

some apps that change your lockscreen (calendar, weather, facebook, etc.) will also break the music on lockscreen feature.

Bagzton

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site

it works. it's just flaky. you just have to toggle it off and on when it stops working

some apps that change your lockscreen (calendar, weather, facebook, etc.) will also break the music on lockscreen feature.

Okay. Will try that out.

Apurv Patani

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site

Ohk guys I had a chat with Xbox music support and they have told me that some sort of a METADATA should be there for the artist background in the app and the lock screen .....i have downloaded all my song collection from mix radio.. But they said that all the songs should be downloaded from Xbox music which contain the specific metadatas required to show the artist image......really a shame on Xbox music team

Carl Joseph

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site

This issue annoys me! I have local mp3s on my 1020 and only one artist will show a artist background in the music app and live tile. However, the lock screen just shows my default photo. I've toggled the setting on and off to no avail. It used to work prior to the last app update for about 80% of my music. Also the 'add to collection' trick no longer works either. By the way I'm NOT an Xbox music subscriber.

Bagzton

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site

It doesn't work. And if you say it does, let's see a screenshot of it.

rideboarder

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site

It definitely does work. I can get the image of the artist to show on my lock screen. I just wish it would give me the option to stay on my tile after I press stop as it did on wp7. I just don't like the bland Xbox music tile...the tile with the artist and the animated text is much nicer.

Carl Joseph

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site

This is strange! I now have one album that will display the artist background on the lock screen. The others still don't work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte