Why am I now seeing domain logons on my home computer, when I didn't before?

SoCalBigL

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
I sometimes run Belarc Advisor to monitor the users and logons on my computer (Windows 8 Home Premium upgraded to Windows 10). I hadn't ran Belarc in over a year, but noticed yesterday that my administrator account had a "domain logon" about 11 months ago. I thought this was suspicious, so I created a new administrator account and deleted the old one. I reran Belarc Advisor, and it now indicates a Windows Manager domain logon ("DWM-1", "DWM-2", or "DWM-3") occurring each time I log in to my new administrative account.

Does this indicate that my computer is hijacked? When I view my computer name and workgroup in the Contol Panel, it doesn't indicate that I'm part of a domain. But what do these domain logons indicate? I've had the computer for almost 5 years, and Belarc noted the first domain logon less than a year ago.

SoCalBigL

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
OK, thanks! It's strange that I hadn't seen it in the Belarc Advisor logon reports until relatively recently - but perhaps I just didn't notice it before. So you don't think there's any possibility of a security threat? Another thing that worried me is that it started right after I switched over to Webroot SecureAnywhere, whose firewall has limited functionality with Windows 8 and 10 (I just found that out this week when I realized none of their advanced firewall options were available).

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, you're fine, no problem with this logins, but I agree that it's a bit confusing. Certainly good practice to find out what these odd things are though

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa