Why am I unable to connect to Microsoft service/store/web with cellular data?

Force2Reckon

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
unable to connect to microsoft service/store/web with cellular data

hi!
my access to the web and microsoft services was working fine and then all of a sudden im no longer able to connect (error code 800704CF) to the store/web or any microsoft service

i was able to download Fight Tekken app before it happened (im beginning to wonder if this app is causing the problem)

anyways, what i did is uninstall Fight Tekken app and then do a soft reset of my phone
its been 3 days now and ive decided to do a hard reset of my phone since soft resetting didnt work
i know the cellular data connection is there because i see the icon H on my L620 but still im unable to connect via cellular data
good thing i was able to find a wi-fi connection and synced my MS account but again, im still unable to use/connect the MS store/web with cellular data even i see icon H on my phone
what should i do??

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: unable to connect to microsoft service/store/web with cellular data

Multiple sources have different interpretations to error code 800704CF (from "a problem with server" to "a problem with the registry file"... the latter one being a bit too far off for Windows Phones). Some sources even suggest that a virus is causing this, but again this in unlikely for Windows Phones.

However, according to this source, make sure that your phone time and date are correct.

Also, can you access the web through your phone browser? If not, then your internet connection (or rather having none of it) may be the culprit... and since it has been persistent for more than a couple of days already, you may want to check if you have not reached any data caps/limits with your mobile telecom service provider.

Force2Reckon

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site

Multiple sources have different interpretations to error code 800704CF (from "a problem with server" to "a problem with the registry file"... the latter one being a bit too far off for Windows Phones). Some sources even suggest that a virus is causing this, but again this in unlikely for Windows Phones.

However, according to this source, make sure that your phone time and date are correct.

Also, can you access the web through your phone browser? If not, then your internet connection (or rather having none of it) may be the culprit... and since it has been persistent for more than a couple of days already, you may want to check if you have not reached any data caps/limits with your mobile telecom service provider.

thanks for the feedback,
i also did some research and found the same 'supposed' solution
outlook Error code 800704CF - Microsoft Community

however, it didnt work on my end and based on the link youve provided, its odd for a MS/OUTLOOK account to have password expiration (?)

im still wondering why all of a sudden my phone got disconnected in the middle of my usage when all the time, my region/date/time are all correct, didnt bump my phone, didnt change any set ups

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

thanks for the feedback,
i also did some research and found the same 'supposed' solution
outlook Error code 800704CF - Microsoft Community

however, it didnt work on my end and based on the link youve provided, its odd for a MS/OUTLOOK account to have password expiration (?)

im still wondering why all of a sudden my phone got disconnected in the middle of my usage when all the time, my region/date/time are all correct, didnt bump my phone, didnt change any set ups

I once wondered why I wasn't receiving any mail in my phone anymore - turned out that all my email accounts "required attention", and that my passwords were incorrect... all these despite me not changing anything!

But anyway, the solutions I would suggest should also not work since you've already performed a hard reset - the ultimate solution to all windows-related problems.:devil: And since the problem still persists it may be a problem at their side (or whoever* is in between us and MS), not ours.

On a side note, in my L1020, seeing an "H" icon is not enough to establish a network connection; it should be a "3G", "H+" or "4G" icon which I find strange since "3G" should also be "H". Even more strange is that I can connect with an inferior "E" icon (but it is terribly slow), but never with an "H" icon. This makes me think the problem might be with your data service provider since you were able to connect successfully through WiFi.

*- Such as the mobile service provider.

Force2Reckon

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site

I once wondered why I wasn't receiving any mail in my phone anymore - turned out that all my email accounts "required attention", and that my passwords were incorrect... all these despite me not changing anything!

But anyway, the solutions I would suggest should also not work since you've already performed a hard reset - the ultimate solution to all windows-related problems.:devil: And since the problem still persists it may be a problem at their side (or whoever* is in between us and MS), not ours.

On a side note, in my L1020, seeing an "H" icon is not enough to establish a network connection; it should be a "3G", "H+" or "4G" icon which I find strange since "3G" should also be "H". Even more strange is that I can connect with an inferior "E" icon (but it is terribly slow), but never with an "H" icon. This makes me think the problem might be with your data service provider since you were able to connect successfully through WiFi.

*- Such as the mobile service provider.

i think ive found the problem and youre right
since everything is okay on my end, my time/region settings, and my MS account, the root problem is my SERVICE PROVIDER

ive been receiving a text message since last friday from my service provider about their surfing promo, holding up my web browsing
its for them to protect the users from unknown/unwanted data charges and that you must register to their promo first to continue surfing
i ignored this, i thought it was nothing, but today when i registered to their surfing promo, i am able to browse again using my cellular data

thanks again!

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

i think ive found the problem and youre right
since everything is okay on my end, my time/region settings, and my MS account, the root problem is my SERVICE PROVIDER

ive been receiving a text message since last friday from my service provider about their surfing promo, holding up my web browsing
its for them to protect the users from unknown/unwanted data charges and that you must register to their promo first to continue surfing
i ignored this, i thought it was nothing, but today when i registered to their surfing promo, i am able to browse again using my cellular data

thanks again!

You're welcome.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05