Why are Blank Apps failing to update?

keathkeath

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
Blank Apps failing to update

I have 5 apps in my update list which have no names . Every time I clear them from the list, the Store app crashes and the blank apps are still there. Do you have any idea regarding this matter?

YKinase

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: Blank Apps failing to update

I have the same problem. Driving me mad. I tried to download the latest Touch update and get the same error.
wp_ss_20151123_0001.png

TheMelonOfWater

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site

I have the same problem. I've had nothing but issues after upgrading to W10M 10586. It must not be true that 10586 is the RTM because it has so many issues.

Wajeeh Maaz

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site

I've gone back to 8.1 until the next build, hoping its much faster and much more polished. Battery life killed it for me, but the differences in stability and speed between 8.1 and 10586 are night and day!

MP3Mike

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
The only way I could get them to go away was to update them, and to do that I had to get the store in a state that I could click the "update all" or "resume all" to start them. Any amount of trying to do something to them individually caused the app to crash.

Joseph Avena

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Only question I have is why this was rushed as an incomplete build with so many missing features even in MS's own apps specifically Outlook (horrible when compared to the iOS version). I still can't get visual voicemail to work and even had my VM reset by ATT.

keathkeath

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
Only question I have is why this was rushed as an incomplete build with so many missing features even in MS's own apps specifically Outlook (horrible when compared to the iOS version). I still can't get visual voicemail to work and even had my VM reset by ATT.

'Coz it's a technical preview. :)

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

I had similar issues up until Microsoft fixed the Store downloads for system apps. All the "no name" apps eventually downloaded. I'm guessing these "no name" apps are those .NET assemblies that Microsoft used to push through the Store in previous builds.

MP3Mike

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site

In my case the "no name" apps were de-listed apps like "Photosynth", etc. (That you can no longer search for in the store, but I had on my old phone that I restored a backup from.)

RkNguyen

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
2 had 2 noname apps in update before, right after finish updating to 10586 and all other possible update. 2 days later, 1 unknown app became "Here Map update" and after update it, "Here Map" couldn't run on 10586 anymore.
tbh, I think those "noname app" will be available as soon as it's ready.

Currently, i rolled back to W8.1, and will update to W10 again this weekend.

keathkeath

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
2 had 2 noname apps in update before, right after finish updating to 10586 and all other possible update. 2 days later, 1 unknown app became "Here Map update" and after update it, "Here Map" couldn't run on 10586 anymore.
tbh, I think those "noname app" will be available as soon as it's ready.

Currently, i rolled back to W8.1, and will update to W10 again this weekend.

They might even release the most optimized build this weekend.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo