Why are people so dissapointed? Lumia 925 & 928

ether813

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I wasnt disappointed, maybe ATT customers were or owners of the 920 were disappointed that nothing revolutionary was released, but when you are on Verizon and wanted a somewhat decent WP 8 device, sorry the 822 wasnt cutting it...i am quite satisfied with the nokia 928,

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
If Fido is included with Rogers, then Rogers is the largest carrier in Canada.

That applies to Bell's subsidiaries as well though does it not? Either way you crunch it, we're only talking a difference that still doesn't change much in the general sense, and we'd just end up changing the words from "largest" to "one of the top two"

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I agree. I guess what I was saying is that if the biggest phone going to the biggest (U.S.) carrier doesn't warrant a manufacturer press conference, why does the 928/925 going to those carriers warrant one?

Because now if you search Lumia 925 or 928 it is in almost every news agency's tech headlines! Press conferences are not just for what we may call 'breaking news' but they are for any organization looking to get information out to the press in a massive fashion. I saw the Nokia Lumia 925 headlines in Reuters, BBC, Fox News, ABC News, Huffington Post, Wall Street Journal...everywhere!

That was the goal....let everyone know that the Nokia Lumia brand is a global competitive mobile device that is here to stay! :)

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Nokia as a whole are a flop in Canada, they don't release any of their phones on our largest carrier. They're the only company who doesn't.

Sent from my (fill in the blank) phone using (fill in the blank software)

The one carrier that does seem to continue to release windows phones somewhat regularly tends to stick with the lower end ones (Telus had the 800 and 610, now they only have the 620 and I heard the 520 is coming too). Well they have the ATIV S but that's probably just cuz it was a Samsung phone...

dawindbag

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm not disappointed at all in the 925/928. I prefer the design of the 920 to both and they aren't really appealing to me, but I'm not disappointed. As far as I'm concerned Nokia is doing an excellent job.

I AM really disappointed in Microsoft. They aren't innovating quickly enough and the experience on the OS, while better in many regards than the competition, still has some very important missing features which shouldn't be difficult to implement. Notification center, independent volume controls, generally weak and buggy Xbox Music/Video/Podcast apps, underwhelming integration with Windows 8, etc. All items that constantly remind me that I'm using a platform that shouldn't still be using the crutch of being "new", MS has to get it together and solve these issues and a once-a-year update cycle isn't nearly frequent enough.

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm not disappointed at all in the 925/928. I prefer the design of the 920 to both and they aren't really appealing to me, but I'm not disappointed. As far as I'm concerned Nokia is doing an excellent job.

I AM really disappointed in Microsoft. They aren't innovating quickly enough and the experience on the OS, while better in many regards than the competition, still has some very important missing features which shouldn't be difficult to implement. Notification center, independent volume controls, generally weak and buggy Xbox Music/Video/Podcast apps, underwhelming integration with Windows 8, etc. All items that constantly remind me that I'm using a platform that shouldn't still be using the crutch of being "new", MS has to get it together and solve these issues and a once-a-year update cycle isn't nearly frequent enough.

This is basically the crux of the matter. Most of the disappointment isn't really about Nokia, who are doing the best with the OS that they have. It's largely disappointment that Microsoft seems to be taking an alarmingly leisurely stance, and pace, in development of their last-ditch-effort-mobile OS. They're under the impression it seems that the mobile market will wait for Windows Phone to play catch up; one glance at the advances Google has in store for Android and Chrome from the recent I/O conference, shows that Microsoft clearly shouldn't be resting on their heels.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria