Why aren't my People Hub profile pictures syncing?

devlin525

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
People Hub Profile Pictures Sync Problem

People Hub contacts' profile pictures do not load 100% I still need to click each contact and wait for the profile picture to load the image over wifi. Is there anyway to do this automatically to all contacts?

PS: The facebook app sync function doesn't work on me. It always gives "Cannot sync right now"

Already fixed. And I also found a way to fix the facebook.sync error

The fix that I did:
I found a fix on facebook and people hub integration in my NLumia 520 8.1 update 1.

First the facebook sync error. To sync successfully, you must keep the screen awake until the sync finishes. Making the screen go timeout will disrupt the syncing.

Now the people hub. After successfully syncing, open the people hub app and just wait for all contacts to finish loading. I forgot if I kept the phone unlocked but what I am sure of is to keep the people hub app on the foreground, as switching apps might disrupt the process.

Hope this helps

Last edited:

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: People Hub Profile Pictures Sync Problem

People Hub contacts' profile pictures do not load 100% I still need to click each contact and wait for the profile picture to load the image over wifi. Is there anyway to do this automatically to all contacts?

PS: The facebook app sync function doesn't work on me. It always gives "Cannot sync right now"

Already fixed. And I also foind a way to fix the facebook.sync error

Was about to reply when I saw your edit "Already fixed." Care to share the solution?:smile:

In my case, I just connected to a reliable WiFi, went to Facebook settings, tapped "sync" and never allowed the phone to go idle - not letting the screen time out, not switching between apps, not doing anything else on the phone.

Last edited:

devlin525

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: People Hub Profile Pictures Sync Problem

Was about to reply when I saw your edit "Already fixed." Care to share the solution?:smile:

In my case, I just connected to a reliable WiFi, went to Facebook settings, tapped "sync" and never allowed the phone to go idle - not letting the screen time out, not switching between apps, not doing anything else on the phone.

That's what I did also. It seems that switching through apps will disrupt the syncing, which is a very weird one since the phone is supposed to be able to do multi-tasking of sort.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire