Why AT&T Backs PMA Charging

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
This choice between wireless charging standards has nothing to do with what performs best or the costs of implementing the standard. It has everything to do with the commercial possibilities of PMA charging. There is money to be made.
The next version of PMA charging adds what is called a digital layer. This will enable messages, ads, to be sent to the phone. You see where this could go it they have these set up in airports, stadiums, restaurants, gyms and coffee shops. There is always money in advertising.
You still need a bulky cover for PMA until they start bulding them into phones.
This is just what I found after searching a while.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
This choice between wireless charging standards has nothing to do with what performs best or the costs of implementing the standard. It has everything to do with the commercial possibilities of PMA charging. There is money to be made.
The next version of PMA charging adds what is called a digital layer. This will enable messages, ads, to be sent to the phone. You see where this could go it they have these set up in airports, stadiums, restaurants, gyms and coffee shops. There is always money in advertising.
You still need a bulky cover for PMA until they start bulding them into phones.
This is just what I found after searching a while.

Do you have links on this that you could share? The part about sending ads to my phone really bothers me. Thanks!

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The LAST thing we need is some cloud control of our charging. what they have done is create a vector for malware. just thing if the cloud controller got infected, they could start overcharging devices everywhere and ruining them.

PMA is a crock of **** created by P&G and Duracell because they were quickly being marginalized as a proprietary **** solution.

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Seems to me that you really loathe PMA, T-Moore. So, I got to ask the question, are you buying the global 1520 or the 929?

I wanted to find out why AT&T is pushing PMA so hard, hard enough to remove the Qi charging, that's all. Doesn't make any difference what I buy. It is about information.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss