Why can't I connect my Microsoft account to my Win 10 phone?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I can't connect my Microsoft account to my win 10 phone.

I went on the windows phone website to find that my phone isn't connected to my account anymore. I've tried signing in by going to the "Find my phone" setting but it redirects me to my email accounts and I can't choose my Microsoft account. I really need to be able to use Find my phone as there are thieves in my school.

lizthehedgehog

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: I can't connect my Microsoft account to my win 10 phone.

This is me answering my own question, and for the sake of anyone else that might be having this problem. I figured out what was going on. Basically, you need to go to your Microsoft account, it is still connected

And yes, my last phone was stolen last year, so I've been more cautious about where my phone is now. :)

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site

This is me answering my own question, and for the sake of anyone else that might be having this problem. I figured out what was going on. Basically, you need to go to your Microsoft account, it is still connected

And yes, my last phone was stolen last year, so I've been more cautious about where my phone is now. :)

Do you mean you are the Windows Central Question?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

If you are on w10 then indeed Find My Phone does not work. This is reported by more people.
Please use the Windows feedback app to feedback your findings to Microsoft.
And if you need Find My Phone rollback to W8.1 till this bug is fixed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire