Why can't I install new programs or updates to existing ones?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Why can't I install new programs or updates to existing ones.

Assuming this is is some kind of driver problem. I've been attempting to get several programs working with Win 10 to no avail. One in particular is Comodo Internet Security which crashes with the error message File system error (-1073741819) and while I have started Windows Firewall to take up the slack, I currently have no real time AV protection. This message pops up on most (but not all) the failures but the simplest way to put this is that I'm unable to install anything under Windows 10.

This would include the drivers for my on board sound (Realtek AC-97) which the error message indicates may actually be the problem.

Is this an inherent problem or is it just the failure of third party companies to have updates prepared for their software in time for the Win 10 launch? I'm running the free upgrade (Win 10 Home) and upgrading from the latest version of Win 7. I'm not really seeing the failure of much of my software as a real upgrade if I can't download or install files needed to fix the problems.

PatCar1

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: Why can't I install new programs or updates to existing ones.

I'm having exactly the same issue, same error message. Also after getting the error message "file system error (-1073741819)" Edge stops responding. Can anyone help. Think about going back to Windows7.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6