Why can't I update to Mobile Build 10166?

jeffreyarcillas

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Can't update to mobile build 10166

im using Lumia 620... the gears aldy spinning but suddenly the phone shuts down, and im sure my battery was not drained because the power source was plugged in.. the last build that i succesfully updated was 10130. i rolled back to 8.1 then update to 10166 and thats what happen > < and btw i cant soft reset (power button broken)
idk what to do. you think its my phone? *sigh*

hoping also for updating tool in pc software. so we can update via pc like windows 8.1 recovery tool works. ya know Clean Install.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Re: Can't update to mobile build 10166

It's probably the servers being overloaded with Insiders trying to install the latest build. Just wait until tomorrow and try again. If it doesn't work, hard reset and try again.

Mr_pither

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

I'm on a 635 - play phone for W10 Mobile. Update was failing last nite. So I let it run overnite and woke up with update complete. Reset phone and restoring from back up now - that is working much better than it did for the last build.

Last edited:

brad4560

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site

can't update on my spare lumia 635 either. just sits at downloading updates 0% gonna try a hard reset.

ACynicalLamp

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site

Had the same troubles with my Lumia 635. Unfortunately I did a hard reset and it still refuses to update. It'll download it and then it'll fail during preparing to install. So I figured I'd try using the recovery tool. That also is not working and only continues to fail after multiple restarts and resets. Seems I'm stuck on 10149 for the time being.

Update:
Did the soft reset command with the phone disconnected from the computer and then reattached it to the PC and the recovery tool worked. Seems to be a constant trial and error of this process for it to eventually go through.

Last edited:

Panos Sakkos

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site

When I was at 10149 I was also not able to update. What if worked for me was to soft reset from the phone settings and then use the recovery tool to fallback to 8.1 and upgrade.

But, now I cannot update to 10166, since it get's stuck at 0% untill it fails with a message.
Has anyone a workaround for this one?
I want to avoid soft and hard resetting again :(

Thanks!

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site

When I was at 10149 I was also not able to update. What if worked for me was to soft reset from the phone settings and then use the recovery tool to fallback to 8.1 and upgrade.

But, now I cannot update to 10166, since it get's stuck at 0% untill it fails with a message.
Has anyone a workaround for this one?
I want to avoid soft and hard resetting again :(

Thanks!

I had that issue on my 640 I tried hard resetting and it got stuck in a boot loop. Had to flash it back to 8.1 then it went to 10166 no problem. So for those stuck at the 0% u may have to do that eventually

cybermoose89

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

Iv the same problem on my 830 shows the Nokia logo then there cogs for the update and shuts Down tried a hard reset its not working any advice would be great

cybermoose89

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

Cant as it just keeps rebooting over and over so my pc won't have a chance to recognize it iv tried will leaving it to reboot over and over honestly work ? Or is it because so many are downloading the new build ?

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site

Cant as it just keeps rebooting over and over so my pc won't have a chance to recognize it iv tried will leaving it to reboot over and over honestly work ? Or is it because so many are downloading the new build ?

Try this i did this and it worked no problem took about 15 mins

OK, this is how I recover my device (It happens to me many times as I come back and Forth from 8.1 to 100xx)
You Will have to put it in UEFI mode

1. Remove Battery from Device or Just Turn It Off, and keep it Off
2. Do not Connect Device to PC yet
3. Fire up WPRT and Select that Your Device cannot be Discovered and then Select Lumia Device and Put WPRT In Discovery mode
4. While keeping pressed the Volume Down Button, Plug your Device to your PC
5. WPRT will find your Device in UEFI mode, release the Volume Down button and you are set

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb