Why cant my Lumia 535 connect to wifi router?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I try to connect my lumia 535 to my router but whenever I try, the router disconnects all devices for about 3 seconds and the phone indicates "The wifi network didn't respond. Try again later."

Colton Leseman

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Try resetting the router. Try forgetting the router on your phone and trying to reconnect also you devices are ALL trying to connect at the same time so its basically breaking your router. Try connecting 1 device at a time and working your way up.

Srinivas Akondi

May 1, 2015
Visit site
Check if static ip is enabled.

To check static ip settings on Windows Phone, go to Settings > WiFi and scroll down to find static ip. If static ip is enabled, you phone will not connect to WiFi networks that doesn?t require static ip configurations.

So disable the static ip and your Windows Phone will connect fine with most of the WiFi networks.

Regards
Srinivas

sourav das3

May 6, 2015
Visit site
while i enter to the passward , dont connect .......
my lumia 535 tell my phone dont connect the wifi network
give many information
please contact
my mobile No. 9435436247

Last edited:

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
All Wi-Fi routers die eventually.
It seems the routers we have tried last about 18 months then start disconnecting among other problems.

Hope you can find a solution.
Best of luck there.

marratj

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
And if that doesn't work, consult this thread here, regarding the 535 not supporting the 5GHz band (a).

http://forums.windowscentral.com/lumia-535/345702-why-wont-my-lumia-connect-my-wifi-router.html

This is actually something I found to be true for all my Windows Phones to date (920, 1020, 1520, 535).

They would connect to a 5 GHz Wi-Fi, but connection was absolutely horrible, dropping the whole time etc... After switching to the 2,4 GHz band on the router, no more problems. But that might also be just an incompatibility with that particular router at my parent's home.

Rachmad Kusairi

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
Check if static ip is enabled.

To check static ip settings on Windows Phone, go to Settings > WiFi and scroll down to find static ip. If static ip is enabled, you phone will not connect to WiFi networks that doesn?t require static ip configurations.

So disable the static ip and your Windows Phone will connect fine with most of the WiFi networks.

Regards
Srinivas

I got same issue on my lumia 535 dual sim.
Firmware version : 02074.00000.15234.28005
Os version : 8.10.14234.374
I can't find static ip settings on wif settings. Is there any way to fix this problem?
My wifi router is work fine on the other device, but not on my lumia 535 dual sim.

Jeevanlal Patel

Nov 5, 2016
Visit site
I have faced the Problem when I first time tried to connect Lumia 535 on my D-Link wifi router. Sorted out the issue and solved with the help of information on net. Thanks to Internet users, and people who have uploaded help.
Logically speaking connecting wi fi is all a matter relevant with your phone and the Router/hot-spot/Modem. It is a interrelated matter. Only a lacuna here or there in the phone setting put us to lot of mess, , what I experienced and finally everything is right.
In short while connecting windows or Lumia phones to wi fi , take care:devil:that other data interfaces like 'Blue tooth', 'Mobile Data' etc are 'Off". Do not set any IP address parameter unless otherwise specified or required. :devil: Put off the IP parameters in "Manage" mode. Go on trying till your phone is connected on wifi. Go on referring information on Google search, as more than sufficient information is available on net. Finally you succeed, problem surrenders to you. good luck . Thanks :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte