Why does my Lumia 930 battery drain fast?

W

WPCentral Question

why does my lumia 930 battery drain fast

I got 10 days from a charge until I loaded the latest software 2 now it drains in a day and a half, even after I turned off all but the basic phone

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: why does my lumia 930 battery drain fast

10 days from a single charge? I'm guessing you've turned a lot of features off, and even set the screen to the dimmest possible setting, to reach that. That beats the longest-lasting smart phone in terms of battery life by more than a factor of 10 if you were using your L930 under normal use.

Here's something you can try: Activate Battery Saver (always on, which the phone will say is not recommended), keep your screen at the lowest brightness setting, prevent mobile data, do not connect to Wi-Fi and prevent all apps from running in the background (also from Battery Saver). Avoid playing games, opening apps and taking photos. Limit calls to just a few seconds per day and SMS to around 2 per day. Then, let us know how long your phone lasts.

Your battery life may last long under those conditions, but your "smart" phone won't be functioning at its full potential.

You would need to create a Windows Central account to respond to this thread.

Shastajak

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
Mine's the same and my husband's too! I've turned everything off in the battery saver, very little is permitted run in the background. Anyway nothing had changed there, when it suddenly started eating power!

Vlada Nehez

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Just wondering, what do you use on your phone ?
Calls and texts ?
Why not get some older phone that has a battery that lasts for a week on one charge ? I mean, if that's all you need from a phone, I don't really see why spend so much on a phone if you're not going to take full advantage of it.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I'd take the 36 hours and run on that phone. I got about that with moderate use, but I pretty much charged it every night.

I suspect factory specs only say 3 days or so. Can't even begin to explain 10 days.

Vlada Nehez

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I'd take the 36 hours and run on that phone. I got about that with moderate use, but I pretty much charged it every night.

I suspect factory specs only say 3 days or so. Can't even begin to explain 10 days.

Well I can usually get 24+ hours every day. But if I get home and my battery is on 50%, I'm 100% gonna charge it the moment I get a chance. Never know if you're gonna need your phone and what for. If it's just for stats, then I'd let it slowly drain and preserve it.

monedetoune

May 17, 2013
Visit site
10 days? really? even with everything possible turned off in battery saver, I can only get 48 hours max. 1 phone call and several texts. it seems we have a troll over here.

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site

I charge mine once a week if it needs it or not.......

Really I charge it every night as I actually *use* my phone!

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Tonio78

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site

I noticed that the drain (and the heating) heavily depends on the connection you have. Just got back from holidays where I had miserable network and had to charge the phone during the day. Now at home it's "alive" for over 13 hours and I still have 55% battery left 😵

Via Tapatalk de mon splendide Lumia 930

Vlada Nehez

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site

I noticed that the drain (and the heating) heavily depends on the connection you have. Just got back from holidays where I had miserable network and had to charge the phone during the day. Now at home it's "alive" for over 13 hours and I still have 55% battery left ��

Via Tapatalk de mon splendide Lumia 930

Well that goes without saying for any phone there is.
If the reception is stable then your battery will last longer.
That's pretty much the reason they advise you to put your phone into airplane mode when traveling via airplane. As you travel with great speed and go over many cell towers your phone wouldn't be able to get a reliable signal so it would automatically search for a better one, and so on. So it drains the battery a lot faster.

pdaneophyte

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site

For what it is worth, on my Nokia Lumia 720 I can have a 10 days on a single charge. It's fully charged with SIM card removed, wi-fi on and lying on the same spot on my desk for two weeks. When I picked it up it was dead so I fully charged and looked on the battery app, it said 10 days.

Vlada Nehez

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site

For what it is worth, on my Nokia Lumia 720 I can have a 10 days on a single charge. It's fully charged with SIM card removed, wi-fi on and lying on the same spot on my desk for two weeks. When I picked it up it was dead so I fully charged and looked on the battery app, it said 10 days.
Well what use of a phone you have if it sits on your desk for2 weeks without a SIM card ?
If that's what you need, why not just pick a tablet up ?

pdaneophyte

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site

Well what use of a phone you have if it sits on your desk for2 weeks without a SIM card ?
If that's what you need, why not just pick a tablet up ?

A very useful paperweight LOL.
Seriously, it's useful as an email alert, as a calculator, to write in OneNote while answering the phone. With how cheap these Lumia becomes you can buy two for less than a Samsung galaxy note. Then you can set them up one to use as a phone only, while the other as a data only device. You will get better battery life and more useful device than a power bank or extra battery.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site

I got 10 days from a charge until I loaded the latest software 2 now it drains in a day and a half, even after I turned off all but the basic phone

Whaaaa? you get 10 days from a charge....

Whaaaa? you get a day and a half from a charge...

I would feel lucky if i pass 8 hours with very normal usage.

oviedofreak82

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site

Curious, next time that occurs, can you take a screenshot? My old Lumia 521 that my kids use can go three days on a single charge of left alone with no WiFi, just sitting there idling and no SIM card installed.

pdaneophyte

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site

Unfortunately I have already hard reset that phone & erased the profile after having the phantom gestures touch screen problem. To tell you the truth I was surprised to see that also but there it was written on the battery app statistics. The Lumia 720 had a battery capacity of 2000mAh. The fact that the WiFi router is only 5 feet away and only on during business hours probably helped.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss