Why does my phone freeze randomly and starts working fine again after restart?

ruturaj20

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
I own a Lumia 525 and it stops working suddenly. The touch screen doesn't work, so I have to restart by holding down volume down and power button for a few seconds. After that the time reverts back to 25th November 11 am or something, which is not a big deal because it gets corrected by the automatic date setting. Things I've tried-
1) Hard and soft reset
2) Cleaning up space, uninstalling apps. There is a lot of free space now.
3) When I try to connect through Nokia Software Recovery tool, it says "Could not read data from selected phone". I've tried reinstalling the drivers. I do not know how to update the application, nor do I know where I can download the latest version from.

Nokia Lumia 525
Windows 8.1

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I own a Lumia 525 and it stops working suddenly. The touch screen doesn't work, so I have to restart by holding down volume down and power button for a few seconds. After that the time reverts back to 25th November 11 am or something, which is not a big deal because it gets corrected by the automatic date setting. Things I've tried-
1) Hard and soft reset
2) Cleaning up space, uninstalling apps. There is a lot of free space now.
3) When I try to connect through Nokia Software Recovery tool, it says "Could not read data from selected phone". I've tried reinstalling the drivers. I do not know how to update the application, nor do I know where I can download the latest version from.

Nokia Lumia 525
Windows 8.1

use windows device recovery tool instead of nokia SRT

ruturaj20

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
use windows device recovery tool instead of nokia SRT

Thank you for the reply. I tried the solution, and re-installed the phone software through Windows Device Recovery. I had to redo all the settings and re-install all the other apps. It worked well for a long time. However, after calling someone, I couldn't end the call and the touch had stopped working again.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for the reply. I tried the solution, and re-installed the phone software through Windows Device Recovery. I had to redo all the settings and re-install all the other apps. It worked well for a long time. However, after calling someone, I couldn't end the call and the touch had stopped working again.

if after the reset you still have touch issues, I'm thinking the hardware could be a problem - any service centre nearby?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haoopbillakas