Why is Microsoft removing glance feature from windows phone?

fizze17

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
I don't know how cheap can MS get but this is ridiculous, glance is one of the best features of windows phone I got an 820 and was planning to shift to a 730/735 seeing half of the important features missing anyone would change their mind. I don't think this will help MS in anyway this seriously sucks, somebody should tell them to do a market survey and work on features according instead of working what they feel like the Ceo seriously sucks if this is his strategy to keep windows phone alive.... -_-

Aresjr21

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
It is not that MSFT is removing this feature, it is due to hardware limitations. That was the reason why I believe the Icon doesn't have the Glance screen. Its less to do with MSFT but what device manufacturers use to build Windows devices. All they can do is encourage it like transparent tiles but can't require them without losing support.

Arkajyoti Misra

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Actually, the "glance" screen was possible due to the "cheaper" IPS LCD screen . MS is looking at upgrading to OLED display, that saves battery, as well as having a more vivid display. As this technology is relatively new, the engineers haven't yet figured out a way to have memory on the display panel, hence, no glance is possible yet.

fizze17

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
Can you rewrite that in such a way as to help the rest of us understand what the hell you are talking about?

Where does it say that Microsoft are removing "glance"? Links? Evidence?

Dude the rest of the people were able to understand my English, either your an illiterate or just answering my question to get desperate attention, so kindly get lost :)

fizze17

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
Actually, the "glance" screen was possible due to the "cheaper" IPS LCD screen . MS is looking at upgrading to OLED display, that saves battery, as well as having a more vivid display. As this technology is relatively new, the engineers haven't yet figured out a way to have memory on the display panel, hence, no glance is possible yet.

Ohk thanks and the evidence of no glance screen is if u actually google all devices such as 630, 730, 735 and 930 don't have glance but only 830 has glance this is the link where I got the info... Can u answer this? How is the display different, can you differentiate between those devices and 830 display?

http://m.windowscentral.com/what-features-lack-nokia-lumia-730-and-lumia-830

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's not about IPS or AMOLED... Either can have Glance. My 925 had an AMOLED screen and Glance. My 1520 has IPS LCD and Glance. It has to do with display memory. A hardware enabled requirement for Glance. Nokia Glance Not Arriving For Lumia 930 Due To Hardware Limitations

It's all about cost to build and end user retail price. In a lot of phones some sacrifices are calculated in.

I understand how important Glance is to you. I rely on mine and would have tp seriously think about getting a phone without it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea