Why is my alarm going off when it's disabled?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

So I bought myself a new L640 last week because my L520 went for a swim in the washer. Recovered a backup and upgraded to W10M. Even the alarms I had on my previous phone were on this one, that's nice. However I wanted to change the times. I removed all alarms and made the one I need.

Yesterday I had a day off work, and disabled the alarm. But then at 7:15 my old alarm starts ringing (the old one)! All alarms are turned off. My current alarm for work also rings at 7:15, and when I enable that one I get two alarm at the same time!

So it seems like there is some kind of ghost alarm... Any idea how I can get rid of it without resetting my phone?

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Yes! This is an easy one.

1. Delete the alarms in your phone. (trash can them.)
2. Now, set up the alarms again.
3. Fixed!

This is an issue that has been discovered and reported and solved on a number of occasions already. It has to do with upgrading to Windows 10 Mobile and restoring a backup. I don't know why, but the alarms start to multiply like that.

Let us know if it doesn't fix it, but so far this has fixed it for myself and others.

Bose321

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
Yes! This is an easy one.

1. Delete the alarms in your phone. (trash can them.)
2. Now, set up the alarms again.
3. Fixed!

This is an issue that has been discovered and reported and solved on a number of occasions already. It has to do with upgrading to Windows 10 Mobile and restoring a backup. I don't know why, but the alarms start to multiply like that.

Let us know if it doesn't fix it, but so far this has fixed it for myself and others.
That did not help. I already tried that before posting. I have changed the ringtone and name and set the alarm a minute later. But I still get the one at 7:15 as well. I even had an update to the alarm & clock app, and I've updated to the .36 build, but that didn't help either. Any other ideas? I don't want to reset because I've just set-up everything to my likings.

Last edited:

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
No ideas here. Haven't seen it not fixed by the delete and setting up new.

The ONLY suggestion I have is a hard reset with NO restore, and manually reinstall and configure everything. Definitely a last resort kind of thing.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Did you try turning off your phone and then turning it back on?

That might sound random but I had a message that kept popping up in my action center, even after deleting said message. After turning my phone off and then back on, it finally went away.

Also how about a soft reset? Any luck with that?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte