Why is My Nokia Lumina 630 running Windows 8.1, not being upgraded to Windows 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan Smith 1956

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Purchased a Nokia Lumia 630 for ?99 a couple of years ago. My PC Tower has upgraded from Win 8.1 to Windows 10, but my Windows "Budget Phone" is not included in the upgrade, as every other model is included. Why?

I want financial compensation from Microsoft, to enable me to purchase another "Budget Phone" as the latest Lumia 650 is within that price band.

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Windows 10 Mobile for phones hasn't been released nor do we know what devices will and won't be getting it specifically.

Right now, everyone's been using the Insider builds. Its possible that the 630 will upgrade to Windows 10, but then again we don't know until they release it.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Purchased a Nokia Lumia 630 for ?99 a couple of years ago. My PC Tower has upgraded from Win 8.1 to Windows 10, but my Windows "Budget Phone" is not included in the upgrade, as every other model is included. Why?

I want financial compensation from Microsoft, to enable me to purchase another "Budget Phone" as the latest Lumia 650 is within that price band.

I doubt you will get some form of 'compensation'. Device manufacturers are under no obligation to offer OS upgrades. Even more so on a device, which as you say, is a couple of years old. Any upgrade offered is dependant on device specs. 512mb ram devices will end up waiting for obvious reasons, and according to Microsoft, devices with 4gb storage are unlikely to receive an update. As the 630, in the UK, is a 512mb ram device, you may end up waiting whilst the OS is optimised for those devices. As the device warranty has probably expired, have a go on the insider production preview. If it runs ok, all is good. If not, windows device recovery tool will put you back on 8.1

unuzerounu

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
I had the 630 for a week and I never used it on 8.1. I thought it ran surprisingly well on .107, considering it's specs. Well enough to be used as a daily driver.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
purchased a nokia lumia 630 for ?99 a couple of years ago. My pc tower has upgraded from win 8.1 to windows 10, but my windows "budget phone" is not included in the upgrade, as every other model is included. Why?

I want financial compensation from microsoft, to enable me to purchase another "budget phone" as the latest lumia 650 is within that price band.

lol

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Hahaha!

Some of you in the USA, really need a reality check.

Erm....I think you will find the OP quoted price as ?99.00 which I believe is the Currency in the UK. Fortunately, the UK isn't as 'claim oriented' as US, so I guess the OP was erm, having a laugh. If he wasn't, the world has gone mad.

M7H

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Erm....I think you will find the OP quoted price as ?99.00 which I believe is the Currency in the UK. Fortunately, the UK isn't as 'claim oriented' as US, so I guess the OP was erm, having a laugh. If he wasn't, the world has gone mad.

Hahaha, yep, but this still doesn't change my statement.
Which is what the OP was also referring at. ;-)

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site

You can install the insider preview and get W10M now, or you can wait for W10M to release officially to WP8.1 devices OTA, which hasn't happened yet for anybody. For more information please read the first two posts here:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10-mobile/377693-w10m-release-dates-answers-inside.html

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xzorax