Why is there so much hate for WP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Android held record-breaking 84.6% of the market in Q2 2014, Windows Phone drops down to 2.7%

It has dropped to 2.7 in global market share which is a bad thing however people are mocking wp in the forums. It happens in every single article. It's like they are scared or something. Just leave WP alone. It didn't do no harm to anyone. But in my opinion I actually think this is due to Microsoft creating it. There's a lot of hate towards microsoft despite the fact that they are most likely posting their comments on a windows computer, stupid right? Where do you guys think this hate comes from?

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
If the majority has buyer's regret, chances are that they'll blindly defend their purchase even further.
And take out their frustrations on a minority with a perceived worse product.

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I blame the staff selling phones in the shop. 99.9% they either have an android or an iphone and as they know about that they persuade customers to buy them. Plus in England there are loads of ads promoting products and saying "download it now on iphone or android" a lot of people are not actually aware of windows phone. And also Microsoft doesn't do good adverts in England. All they do is some tart holds the phone and talks about it...THATS IT !!! iphone actually shows you what the phone can do with apps and people go "wow" Microsoft really needs to show the world what the phone is actually capable of doing

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I think it's just the case where people are happy in their current ecosystem, haven't even touched a windows phone and, from all the universal hate and negative stigma around bad press coverage on WP and Microsoft they'll just hate it because everyone else does - I showed one of my friends how to use his new WP that he "lamented" but after five minutes he said to me (coming from iOS) "I don't understand why people don't like this now - it's great, and it makes so much sense. It runs quicker than the iPhone 4 I had for 1/5th the price"

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't call it hate. It's more so uneducated punters. I will be joining the 2.7% soon.

Sent from pin:2AD743B7 via Tapatalk Pro

iwang

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
My 930,runs hot. Previously 820,was ok, but my 925 almost always had touch problema..hang..stuck..etc. I am not sure if i can stay any longer. This is bad. My bb z30 is a lot more usable.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
The 2.7 figure is just for Q2. I anticipate a turnaround for Q3 with the release of 8.1 and a few new models. Let's face it, there haven't been any significant model releases for a while.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Even Android fanboys insult Apple users, I'm an adult working in a professional office and its so odd to hear grown UPS arguing that 'Android is perfect, Apple and Windows are crap...you can't use xbmc on your phones, they are useless!". Meh, I do not care and they can go around defending every movement on their phone of choice...i just laugh. Most android users I speak with don't even know why they like Android...they just say its not Apple (as in thats a positive) and windows is dead anyway.

anon8962102

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
PC windows monopoly made hatred.

Monopoly made restriction and extremely expensive price.
Monopoly made another monopoly like adobe, autodesk, EA, etc.
Asian OEM companies hated MS as the big brother.
When open source android came to us, consumers and hw companies have no reason to use wp on mobile devices.
Yeah google may be next big brother and people begin to hate it, but not now.
At least google does not make hardware.

So I think MS must change something.
It should give up wp source code and give to hw vendors. Samsung will use wp for its high technologies like foldable display.
It should give up lumia brand and sell it to other companies. Stop self-oem.
And next windows version for pc should be free. People will stop to hate MS.

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
To be honest, I really think its more indifference than hate. Most people I know don't seem to know or care that it's another option

Last edited:

anon(7937399)

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Android's day may come, if the EU antitrust regulators have their say. I'd rather have more ecosystems; three seems plenty, two isn't enough.

edit: I don't want my phone to be able to everything a developer can think up, like Android can. On the other hand Apple's ecosystem is limiting (they may have the apps, but it's almost too simple to use) and very small print/icons. I don't think Apple has predictive text in their messaging app. [am I wrong?]

windows Phone 8.1, for me, is the best of both worlds. Also I adore two things about Nokia: their ruggedness and the best antenna engineers on the planet! Microsoft: do a Lenovo (ThinkPad) and keep the best about Nokia; just build on it.

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Only techies and dev hate MSFT. And they are the ones to blame for influencing the consumer. But Techies and dev are starting to work with MSFT.

I believe that this hate will soon disappear as MSFT rebuild their relationship with techies and dev.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Only techies and dev hate MSFT. And they are the ones to blame for influencing the consumer. But Techies and dev are starting to work with MSFT.

I believe that this hate will soon disappear as MSFT rebuild their relationship with techies and dev.

I'm a tech guy, I don't hate MS. I find followers are the ones who hate MS, real tech people may not like MS but respect them.

mohit9206

May 25, 2013
Visit site
It is because app support is lacking.I want to play PS1 and DS games on my WP but there aren't any apps to do it what am i supposed to do ? IOS and Android even have PSP and N64 emulators all which are absent in WP.

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Actually in India where i Live, more and more people are jumping to Windows Phones... i attended a function yesterday and was amused to see more people using Lumia phones.. :)

So Hate is changing ON

rexFi

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Its because of the name "Microsoft".... then they pull, or tried to pull off that DRM on the XBox <-- their only winningiest(<-- is this a word?) consumer product.

etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077