Why is Windows 10 causing audio distortion/stuttering with Realtek and how do I fix it?

jmccormac

Jan 20, 2018
Visit site
Had the same problem with audio tearing on a Windows 10 desktop box (A10 chip, Asrock mobo) with Realtek audio on the motherboard. The tearing and stuttering happened moreso in Firefox than Chrome. In BIOS, I disabled HDMI audio as the monitor uses a VGA connection and audio is fed to an external amplifier via the backpanel socket. It seems to have cured the problem.

Regards...jmcc

scallywag_123

Mar 27, 2018
Visit site
This started happening the same day I upgraded from 8.1, but it went away. Suddenly it's come back worse than it ever was. I've tried uninstalling my Realtek drivers and rebooting and I've tried changing the sample rate. No change.

This is INFURIATING. I can't listen to music, watch videos, play games without the audio stuttering and it's driving me crazy.

found this but lost trying to fix it https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...s-10-audio-troubleshooting-tips/#Enhancements

Kpinkston

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
My system (ancient intel Core duo with Realtek audio (Sux) was unusable for multimedia after I started connecting vpn. Didn't realize it was a windows update that hosed it.

Here's what I did to gain massive improvement.
Open the playback devices control properties. Choose your active output device and open the current device's, *in my case, speakers* properties, select the advanced tab, unchecked both check boxes regarding exclusive control of the device by individual applications and applications mode priorities. Save and close. This was outlined by Slayerxxxx earlier.

2. Open the power control panel, go to the "Control what your power buttons do," page and click the blue hyperlink for "Change Settings that are currently unavailable." Deselect the "TURN ON FAST Startup" check box, Save, shutdown (not reboot,) and start up again.

If you're on a laptop, you may need to play with your power savings settings and make certain that the powerscheme isn't timing out your audio I/o device

I'm still getting an occasional stutter, but that probably is the VPN that's 800 miles away and clogged head end on my street. (Especially since School just got out.) I am so thrilled that I am no longer listening to the equivelant of terribly abused vinyl. The crackling before was awful. Hope this helps someone else out. Try it.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
These problems are almost always caused by a DPC latency issue due to bad or faulty hardware or drivers. Not generally the audio at all, yet Realtek gets all the blame. Audio is very timing sensitive so it cannot tolerate a faulting driver elsewhere easily. The 'solutions' posted here are mitigations or work arounds. The latency problem will knacker your performance and cause all sorts, so best to fix the problem rather than the symptoms. Test your DPC latency with a good testing app (a Win10 compatible one, or you'll get false readings) at idle (testing at load will obviously be pointless). Identify the faulty device or driver, and address it.

Limitte

Feb 26, 2019
Visit site
Hi guy�s
As we knows windows have audio stuttering/ skipping issue while using Wi-Fi.
Today I am happy to announce you that I fix it after long time.
It�s Wi-Fi driver issue but even you reinstall driver still issue will remain so now I am going tell you steps which I have use to fix it.

Step 1 � Extract Driver.
View attachment 132578

Unchecked Install
View attachment 132579
Step 2 � Open device & drive and Right click on Wi-Fi card, Select update.
View attachment 132580
View attachment 132581
View attachment 132582
View attachment 132583

Select inf file from your driver extracted folder in my case (C:\DRIVERS\WIN\WLANRLTK1\win7\RTL_Driver\Win7X64)
View attachment 132584
View attachment 132585

Finish installation and enjoy�.
:grincry::grincry::grincry::grincry:

MAN,
I registered in this site just to say THANK YOU for this solution, sorry for my bad english (I'm using google translator) but I could not fail to thank, immediately after doing this procedure my audio stopped sucking and gagging, it worked perfectly in the Windows 10 with the Realtek RTL8188CE card. If someone appears here needing the solution for this card do this, I did not even need to restart my system at the same time that I updated it was already perfect! I will be forever grateful. :love:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aisi