Why isn't my music app playing music?

clickclacker

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Music app issue - Can't play

After installing 8.1 awhile ago, I later realized i had a volume issue with my music. I deleted all of my music and reinstalled it again from my PC. My music is all from purchased CD's on my PC hard drive. Now when I try to play any song on my lumia 920 I get the following error:
Can't Play. Sorry, We are not able to play this song right now. Please try again later.
This is maddening, I can't play my own purchased music? Does anyone have a fix for this? Its driving me insane.

Therealeinn

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Re: Music app issue - Can't play

I don't have an answer for you, but I'm sorry that situation is happening to you :-( I hope it gets resolved somehow! Please let us know if it auto-corrects itself to help future WP users that may have the issue.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

It's actually the meta data that's causing this to happen. I would suggest thing this:

1) delete all music files
2) storage sense >> let it populate the size for music >> now click on music and select manage
3) it'll open Xbox music, let it be open for a while
4) go back to storage sense and clean the temporary files
5) from multitasking, close Xbox music
6) restart cellphone
7) re copy music back to the music folder
8) open Xbox music and keep it open till it starts reindexing the songs (you'll see songs be added at the top)

Larry the Cable Guy

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site

It's actually the meta data that's causing this to happen. I would suggest thing this:

1) delete all music files
2) storage sense >> let it populate the size for music >> now click on music and select manage
3) it'll open Xbox music, let it be open for a while
4) go back to storage sense and clean the temporary files
5) from multitasking, close Xbox music
6) restart cellphone
7) re copy music back to the music folder
8) open Xbox music and keep it open till it starts reindexing the songs (you'll see songs be added at the top)

How will I get the music back after I delete them all? I have a ton of music I don't want to lose, deleting them would mean hours of youtube converters all over again

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos