Why the Lumia 830 is not the same as the 630/Moto G

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Where is clash of clans, candy crush,never that Kim kardashian game isn't there. Official snapchat? Retrica? Official feedly? Yahoo weather. And most importantly, the Google app suite.

we have better alternatives,i play clash of clans on my ipad but its more money minded recently,age of empires castle seige is better made and is exclusive to windows
who wants a kim kardashian game
as for candy crush,it got pulled but you can still sideload it
Candy Crush Saga | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (India)
plus king ie the maker of candy crush is nearly bankrupt anyway
an official snapchat would be great but the versions ive used on ios and android arent that great either and have their fair share of issues
retrica isnt the only filter camera app you know there are better apps on wp
why yahoo weather? we have accuweather and cortana

i know there are people who would love these apps on wp,but theres always an alternative in windows phone

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
nothing can ever take symbians place,no os will ever function the way symbian did
android tries hard but cannot
Android has surpassed Symbian already. We are already on 2k screens, near console quality graphics, 4k video capture, console quality graphics. Stop living in the past and look what has 80% of the phone market. Android.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I never saw Moto G lag but I often see my Lumia freeze.
Games are totally sh**t in compare to Android. Everyone complain about it.
Games are very laggy and very poor perform in WP.
If you go for best gaming experience
then iOS offer superior gaming experience then Android and after that Window Phone comes.

So, when it comes to gaming performance Moto G is better than L830

"WP came when Android had 75% market share"

Wrong again.
WP launched in last quarter of 2010 and at that time Symbian was the king and Android have only 25% market share.

Android smartphone market share up a staggering 22%, Symbian down 8% in Q3 2010 | BGR

Windows Phone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I clearly know that. But when I said wp, I meant the real wp i.e Nokia. Here in India most of them still believe Nokia was the first phone to come up with WP. & when Nokia came up with WP, android had become quite dominant, so it hasn't been simple for wp.

My cousin's Moto g lags. Not a big deal for me, I see everyday Androids with lags. Moto g better than 830? Keep dreaming...

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
we have better alternatives,i play clash of clans on my ipad but its more money minded recently,age of empires castle seige is better made and is exclusive to windows
who wants a kim kardashian game
as for candy crush,it got pulled but you can still sideload it
Candy Crush Saga | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (India)
plus king ie the maker of candy crush is nearly bankrupt anyway
an official snapchat would be great but the versions ive used on ios and android arent that great either and have their fair share of issues
retrica isnt the only filter camera app you know there are better apps on wp
why yahoo weather? we have accuweather and cortana

i know there are people who would love these apps on wp,but theres always an alternative in windows phone
But most people (95 % of the market) don't want to use unofficial work arounds. They just want the app they want to be there

Sonu K

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Every comment thread features a person or two who storm the 830 posts and demand that it should be priced lower. That it's a low end,phone and is the same,as a 635/Moto G.
Processor aside...exactly what is the same....if the processor was an SD 800 the 830 would be as good or better than the 930. However, this crowd would have us believe that the processor,overrides every single feature on the phone.
Please do tell, does adding an SD 800 into a 635/520/530/625 make it high end? (Excluding all other Lumias because they are all pretty good,mid rangers...even the 620)
Don't justify your entitlement by making stupid arguments and stop advertising your ignorance on WP Central with comments like "OMG.,it should be free otherwise DOA", "The market will" , "The masses will". Just STOP.
P.s (Did the WP comma key change places in 8.1. I'm always tapping ot accidentally now)

You are missing the point buddy. People screaming about the overpricing of 830 is not gonna buy it if its released in the Moto G price range. They all genuinely want a phone of their favorite brand which competes with Moto G. Or at least near that price range.

But you are entirely wrong in comparing L630 and Moto G. I have Lumia 630 and i love wp OS, but don't get me wrong, Moto G is far ahead than L630. When you compare the spec they offer for the price, that it a better choice for some one who is new to smart phones.Ever heard about the term 'value for money' ? Do you expect everyone to wait for that price drop? Yea ya.. L630 is butter smooth and all but it ends in the simple scrolling tiles and menus. Many apps are not properly optimized for WP8.1 which causes the resuming screen which is annoyingly irritating. I still love Lumia630 because of the camera(even though i miss a flashlight) but comparing Moto G and L630 will be the most stupidest thing.

All people want is a Lumia phone in the price range of Moto G but with better or similar spec so that windows phones can win the forum/internet/tech discussion wars. And it will be a good boost for Lumias.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
are you sure?
Smartphone Market Share in India : Motorola Beats Nokia [Big Shifts] - NextBigWhat

one model Moto G being sold on one website - flipkart, overthrew Nokia from 4th place.
False. An online only sold phone, only on a single website, with no service centre, overthrew Nokia? False. Nokia phones are sold online on multiple sites as well as offline. Besides, flipkart lists only 36000 Moto g's sold. That's a very very less no. As compared to the no. Of Nokia phones sold.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Where is clash of clans, candy crush,never that Kim kardashian game isn't there. Official snapchat? Retrica? Official feedly? Yahoo weather. And most importantly, the Google app suite.
Show me these apps on Android and ios-
Official file manager
IRCTC
NTES
DISQUS
6tag
NOKIA CAMERA (manual focus)
Photo beamer
Project my screen
Microsoft Office remote
Song arc
Office
Office lens(scanned image to PDF, word,ppt)
Lexis audio editor
Tag editor
Jarvis
Unibeam
Transfer my data
Lumia auto selfie
Lumia refocus
Nokia Car app
Xbox live
Xbox smart glass
INCODE
Music+
Nokia Mix radio
Here maps with offline navigation
Here drive+
Here transit
AccuWeather
Atmosphere
All Xbox live games!(1000<)
Bookviser
FbReader
Sparrow Reader
Data sense
Xbox music
Xbox video
Xbox extras
Age of Empires: Castle seige
Tentacles :enter the mind
Unibeam
Fantasia painter
MS fresh paint
MS minesweeper
MS solitaire
And many many more......

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
The 830 is not the same as a moto G because of one thing, the camera. That 10mp purview is the slimmest pureview sensor Nokia has ever put on their phone. This is also the slimmest lumia ever made. also the metal that goes around the body of the phone too. That's why the phone is so expensive.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I've said many times before, the app argument is kind of moot. I can point out a few thousand apps that are not on play store or app store and you could do the same, and we'd would keep going on.....

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Can you think little big.

Because the people you are discussing aren't from India.

So, stop saying thing just on the basis of your country alone.

Keep in mind that its an international forum.
India is the place where WP is the most popular as compared to other countries. It is also the seventh largest country. Also, the app gap moot in most of Asia, including China and Russia.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
I've said many times before, the app argument is kind of moot. I can point out a few thousand apps that are not on play store or app store and you could do the same, and we'd would keep going on.....

But in the end you would lose, simply because the Windows Phone Store still lacks in quantity and quality compared to Android and iOS.

You could name thousands, but the app gap is currently about a difference of 1 million between Windows Phone and Android/iOS.

So please, the app gap isn't gone yet and won't be for the foreseeable future, add to that the fact that existing apps on the Windows Phone Store don't have nearly as much polish or functionally as most Android/iOS counterparts, you'll be even more sad.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Can you think little big.

Because the people you are discussing aren't from India.

So, stop saying thing just on the basis of your country alone.

Keep in mind that its an international forum.

I just hope your country or rest of the world would get the required apps soon. What more could I say? because here there are a lot of local indian apps/games from local developers, all run well without any lag & they get updated too with new features

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Android has surpassed Symbian already. We are already on 2k screens, near console quality graphics, 4k video capture, console quality graphics. Stop living in the past and look what has 80% of the phone market. Android.

i didnt say that,do you even read comments properly?
i was talking about how well symbian was optimised and was better than android in productivity and security
learn to read before critisizing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flynempire