Why wont my laptop wake up by opening the screen anymore?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

When i first got my laptop i could simply put the screen down and my computer would fall asleep. when i would come back to and lift the screen up it would start up at the log in screen. Now when i close the screen and open it back up my computer starts but the screen stay back until I hard restart my whole computer.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
When i first got my laptop i could simply put the screen down and my computer would fall asleep. when i would come back to and lift the screen up it would start up at the log in screen. Now when i close the screen and open it back up my computer starts but the screen stay back until I hard restart my whole computer.

by hard reset you mean a full wipe and reinstall? That's what a hard reset does:

Check in this : http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-performance/how-to-set-the-laptop-to-wake-up-when-opening-the/8c3d1898-1b36-4566-84a1-d14be77057ba

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234