Why won't videos work on 32 g PNY micro SD card?

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
videos won't work on 32 g PNY micro SD card

videos won't work on 32 g PNY micro SD card... a little more explanation here. The music files and jpeg files work just fine on the phone and are stored on the SD card. When I store videos there (mp4) they will not playback on the phone (nokia 1520)

Last edited:

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: videos won't work on 32 g PNY micro SD card

not sure what class it is..just got the phone and the card last week. Do you think it is the write speed that is being affected?

That could be. Please check the class of your SD card. If you still have the packing you could see it on there. Otherwise check on the SD card itself.

And how big are your video's, are they bigger than 4GB.
If so than it could also be that your SD card is formatted as FAT32.
For files bigger than 4GB you need to format it as exFAT.
See below how to do it with your PC
3 Ways to Format an SD Card - wikiHow

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Re: videos won't work on 32 g PNY micro SD card

Have tried to format the SD card and had no joy..did it thru file explorer ..I am getting the message that Windows could not complete the task. It is a PNY 32gb SD class 4 card. Thanks to all who answered, I tried using videos and taking videos with the card removed and the phone worked great w/o it. The SD card did have all the correct files listed and they were what the device came with. I even tried changing the default storage method in storage settings.(excluding the card from everything but a few music files that it seemed to handle ok) and videos wouldn't operate correctly until I removed the deice from the phone. Guess I will go get a higher end card and hope that takes care of it. Am open to suggestions

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I have always had great success with SanDisk Class 10 cards. You can find them on Amazon and other safe places to buy. I would not buy one from Ebay. You take a chance that these are knock offs and not "real" San Disk cards.

Let us know what you got and how it worked for you.

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I bought a class 10 San Disk at Walmart right after my last post and all is golden!! I use the video's extensively when giving golf lessons and in golf related app development that MS has been so gracious in providing us all the other tools that we need for doing this. This site (and the people on it) has been instrumental in teaching me how to develop

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luiandovaf