Why you doing this Microsoft!!!

lamblumo

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I sometimes feel I did mistake in buying windows phone.

Devices are great hardware quality , camera & software wise only UI & Performance but performance also degraded thanks to dear windows phone 8.1.
What Microsoft doing launching exclusive windows phone app on other platforms with ultra better quality & features!! Google never launched YouTube app , gmail app , for us. !! Not even google chrome.

Okay Microsoft doing this for revenue but at least update apps on its own platform!!
Already platform lacking various features that is should have. Windows 10 MAY bring features. But what about apps quality.

How Microsoft encourage developers to bring apps on wp when they themselves not doing anything for wp and focused on ios and android.

Xbox music app pathetic video app too.
Music experience on awesome windows phone drastically degraded.
Lock screen app was joke developers still not updated apps for 8.1 features usage even msn app does not have transparent tile.
When your device security key locked u can still see notification panel what kind of joke is this !!

Last edited by a moderator:

David Van Ryn

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
"When your device security key locked u can still see notification panel what kind of joke is this !"

U can disable this in "Action center" settings.
When this is unchecked, the notification bar only pull's down to show the toggles :winktongue:

Knipsel2.JPG Knipsel3.JPG

Additionally u can uncheck the "Show notification banners" and nothing will be readable by others picking up your locked phone :cool:

wp_ss_20141212_0002.png

Have a nice day ;-)

Last edited:

eddieDOTexe

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Boohoo other platforms get apps that you have. You don't see others complaining when iOS and Android apps make it to WP, stop being so entitled. Use the OS because you like the OS interface and quality control of apps not because you think its some super secret club with a promised second coming via software updates
And why is this thread here and not on the WP 8.1 forum?

Last edited:

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Nice guide, David. Your lock screen image is beautiful, even if it is partially masked, it looks very pretty. Your wifi name also made me lol.

lamblumo

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
"When your device security key locked u can still see notification panel what kind of joke is this !"

U can disable this in "Action center" settings.
When this is unchecked, the notification bar only pull's down to show the toggles :winktongue:

View attachment 90832 View attachment 90834

Additionally u can uncheck the "Show notification banners" and nothing will be readable by others picking up your locked phone :cool:

View attachment 90836

Have a nice day ;-)
I admit I ain't know that. But this concludes me why people say wp is tough. Who checkout my cell. Action center thing should be provided where we set up password

David Van Ryn

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Well it seems that the OP has made up his mind, and there is nothing wrong with that!

I strongly believe that any person has to use the device/platform that suits his/her's needs best.
No need to bash any of the platforms out there as they all have they're strong points and shortcomings. I used to be a droid head and moved to Wp because of playing around with a friend's wp phone one day. I was pleasantly surprised and i got the Lumia 820 back then, and it never let me down.
(I am a light user, some day's medium :smile:) never had any slow down's or app-crashes on the 820, and on my droid phones this was happening constantly.

I do have to admit that when I moved initially I didn't like that some app's where nowhere to be found (specially local app's 'Belgium' like banks, post office, etc..), but this got fixed not long after purchase and all the app's are now live and functional, today there is not a single app I can't find that I "need" ;-)

I can sympathize with the OP though, he is correct when he says that some setting's are scattered and confusingly spread throughout the OS.
Some simple thing's like 'toggle's' for Wifi, Cellular, Flashlight, etc.. where not present at first, and it took rather long for them to finally appear. Sometimes it does feel as if we (WP users) are still the beta testers for Microsoft ;-) and it would be nice if WP10 would at least bring a complete thought true system that flow's and is easy to use, while having the deeper setting's for heavy users.

In closing,..
WP still does it for me (with MY needs satisfied) and I am hopeful that WP10 will bring new and better ideas that make the experience even better.
Also have my fingers crossed that they will not make the same mistakes the other platforms made while growing up.
Anyway's lamblumo, have fun roaming around the Smartphone scene. We will be waiting here to welcome u back after a while :winktongue:

Have a nice day!

David Van Ryn

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Should have been closed. Just what we need is another one of these threads.

I will have to respectfully disagree with you on that one, this is a forum, and discussions are good and kind of the purpose of a forum.
The OP made a valid point as I stated, and some people will take the time to offer either a solution, or suggestion to make his/her problem go away or at least improve the situation.
He came back and confirmed he didn't know about this setting, and I acknowledged the fact that his frustration is "normal" when a OS has settings scattered and spread around. This is confusing, specially for new users.

How is this useless and or subject to be closed?

lamblumo

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I will have to respectfully disagree with you on that one, this is a forum, and discussions are good and kind of the purpose of a forum.
The OP made a valid point as I stated, and some people will take the time to offer either a solution, or suggestion to make his/her problem go away or at least improve the situation.
He came back and confirmed he didn't know about this setting, and I acknowledged the fact that his frustration is "normal" when a OS has settings scattered and spread around. This is confusing, specially for new users.

How is this useless and or subject to be closed?
Thank you :) :) people here getting rude on me as if I abused them. I'm going to buy new device budget I tight and in India most of Microsoft services are unavailable. Like Bing image does not show tags, store live tile not available, Cortana in alpha very basic, Mix Radio subscription no more available. Lumia 535 that fits my budget having touch problem. So that's why I post this topic.

lamblumo

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Well it seems that the OP has made up his mind, and there is nothing wrong with that!

I strongly believe that any person has to use the device/platform that suits his/her's needs best.
No need to bash any of the platforms out there as they all have they're strong points and shortcomings. I used to be a droid head and moved to Wp because of playing around with a friend's wp phone one day. I was pleasantly surprised and i got the Lumia 820 back then, and it never let me down.
(I am a light user, some day's medium :smile:) never had any slow down's or app-crashes on the 820, and on my droid phones this was happening constantly.

I do have to admit that when I moved initially I didn't like that some app's where nowhere to be found (specially local app's 'Belgium' like banks, post office, etc..), but this got fixed not long after purchase and all the app's are now live and functional, today there is not a single app I can't find that I "need" ;-)

I can sympathize with the OP though, he is correct when he says that some setting's are scattered and confusingly spread throughout the OS.
Some simple thing's like 'toggle's' for Wifi, Cellular, Flashlight, etc.. where not present at first, and it took rather long for them to finally appear. Sometimes it does feel as if we (WP users) are still the beta testers for Microsoft ;-) and it would be nice if WP10 would at least bring a complete thought true system that flow's and is easy to use, while having the deeper setting's for heavy users.

In closing,..
WP still does it for me (with MY needs satisfied) and I am hopeful that WP10 will bring new and better ideas that make the experience even better.
Also have my fingers crossed that they will not make the same mistakes the other platforms made while growing up.
Anyway's lamblumo, have fun roaming around the Smartphone scene. We will be waiting here to welcome u back after a while :winktongue:

Have a nice day!
Thing I im wp fan eavy user. Took part in beta testing of bbm , WhatsApp , vlc , opera , hike messenger ,ucbrowser. Here In India we don't have Cortana that works fully very basic, no store live tile on gdr 1 , no tags on Bing image that tells what image is about , no more mix radio subscription available , Xbox music service not here, no bing rewards no gift card. WP 8.1 is junk. Wp8 was so fluid. I holded down my purchase for lumia 535 which also have touch issue sensitivity is bad as compared to my lumia 520. Still im considering cz im fan. But the way Microsoft focusing on other platforms frustrating. I'm waiting till 21 January I hope something awesome announce.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I admit I ain't know that. But this concludes me why people say wp is tough. Who checkout my cell. Action center thing should be provided where we set up password

No...... the WP environment is one of the easiest you'll find around nowadays, but it can be tough if you just switched over from another platform :) However, this is why WC tries to keep up us all up to date and if you follow most of the articles, in your case especially those about updates to the system, then you would be able to keep track of everything that's going on :)

Also, as David van Ryn has shown you, we have a very good community here and we're always available to help out those that need help :)

KJin001

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
yes it bothers mostly new users after each update the list gets bigger. maybe if a background pic was around there it wouldn't look so dead an boring. its like looking for the breaker in the dark.

lamblumo

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
No...... the WP environment is one of the easiest you'll find around nowadays, but it can be tough if you just switched over from another platform :) However, this is why WC tries to keep up us all up to date and if you follow most of the articles, in your case especially those about updates to the system, then you would be able to keep track of everything that's going on :)

Also, as David van Ryn has shown you, we have a very good community here and we're always available to help out those that need help :)
Not all have time to keep track of WC.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss