Wifi adapter compatibility Question, any help?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Wifi adapter compatibility Question

I have a Sony L series all in one SVL241490X running windows 10 since November. The wifi has stopped working suddenly two days back. I have a feeling the card has gone bust even though the software says it ok. There is no physical Wifi button on PC or keyboard, just a wifi indicator light on top Right, which is green.
A) Looking into device manager I find that the wireless adapter is qualcomm atheros ar9485wb-eg wireless network adapter. The specifications are shown at this page (just add www)
atheros-drivers.com/qualcomm-atheros-datasheets-for-AR9485.html
Basically it is a PCI- express half mini card 1.2 specification complaint. It has 56-pin LPCC.
As I said its communication interface is PCI express and and peripheral interface is GPIOs and LEDs

Can I replace it with intel 8260? However connector interface is M.2 PCIe. Here is the link (add www)
intel.com/content/www/us/en/wireless-products/dual-band-wireless-ac-8260-brief.html
Will it work?

B) Is it easy to open and find the wireless card in L series all in one PC SVL241490X? I found some screws labelled M3. I was going to open them Any idea how to find the wireless card? Where is it located? What screws to open?

C) Is there an obvious way that I can make the Wi-Fi work that I have overlooked? (Of course WiFi is working on multiple other devices) and I have restarted PC multiple times and hit the troubleshoot option which restarts the Adapter.

Thanks

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Wifi adapter compatibility Question

C) Is there an obvious way that I can make the Wi-Fi work that I have overlooked? (Of course WiFi is working on multiple other devices) and I have restarted PC multiple times and hit the troubleshoot option which restarts the Adapter.
Hi, something I would check is that you have the latest build of Windows 10 (you haven't mentioned which build you are running).
Obviously you will need to have your Sony plugged into the LAN to update.

B) Is it easy to open and find the wireless card in L series all in one PC SVL241490X? I found some screws labelled M3. I was going to open them Any idea how to find the wireless card? Where is it located? What screws to open?
Have you checked for a manual for your PC on the Sony website? Another way to go is to check for a Youtube video for your model PC.
I don't suppose you PC is under warranty?

I'm not sure about question A), I would try and stick to the same model wireless card if possible.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss