Wifi error in Lumia 650?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

wifi error in lumia 650?

My brand new lumia 650 is randomly disconnecting from wifi Connection. reconnects when i do a soft restart. then disconnects again, lasting from 3-6 hours.
Anyone heard of this?

Alphie Kemzie

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
Re: wifi error in lumia 650?

Mine wasn't the same but I think the solution will be same, I have a Lumia 650, and after updating to the anniversary update, a few hours later my wifi stoped working, each time I tried to turn it on, I would be notified to restart my device, but that didn't work, I did a back up and did a hard reset( didn't lose the update,) after that it worked fine.
Nb a soft reset didn't work

johnsliderbb

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
Will try #6 options on my fathers phone which also suffer from wifi switching off. In his case it is something of the ~last 4 weeks. The phone has run flawless for 4 months.

Microsoft help topics suggest a firmware issue. For the 950 a fix was released. Anybody caught a 650 fix meanwhile?

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the update 920Walker.

Hope this update hits The Netherlands soon. Any way to enforce it from phone setting (sorry BlackBerry user here trying to service his fathers phone)?

All Settings > Update & Security > Phone Update > Check for Updates. I don't believe the firmware is available over the air, OTA, yet. A quick Bing search shows no Lumia 650 firmware news.

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: wifi error in lumia 650?

I had serious WiFi issues on my Lumia 659, every time it went out of range of the router it would disconnect, but then would be unable to reconnect until the handset was restarted.

The problem was solved on my handset by switching off WiFi calling in the Mobile & SIM settings (it was set to WiFi preferred). I found WiFi calling pointless anyway, as it requires the sim to be connected to the mobile network in order to function.

Since switching WiFi calling off I haven't had any issues with the WiFi connection.

gwinegarden

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Looks like a Lumia 650 firmware update that includes a WiFi fix among many others has started rolling out today:
]
http://forums.windowscentral.com/microsoft-lumia-650/439979-new-firmware-update-lumia-650-dual-sim.html#post3564469

I'm not seeing it for the US Cricket single SIM variant yet, connected to PC running Windows Device Recovery Tool.

Ironically, I had never had a single issue with WiFi, anywhere, until they sent out the firmware to "fix" WiFi issues. Now I am having problems.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Senda.123