WiFi issues?

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey folks. For the last few weeks I have been having issues with my data speed when connecting to WiFi. It says it's connected, buy is extremely slow or non existing to the point where downloading apps or getting to pages renders a no network connectivity pop up. When I reboot my phone then it works fine for a little while and then the problems eventually start again. I tried googling the issue but didn't find much. Anyone have any take on this?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

aaronchow

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I am having the exact same thing. My workaround is to turn LTE off when I use WiFi. And I make sure that my 900 is connected to a power source so that WP won't disconnect my WiFi while the phone is in sleep mode.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Seems like too much of a work around. I was thinking about trading it in for a new one. Not sure if that would help though.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I think a trade should help. I have not seen that issue on my Lumia. I did see it on my past WPs, though. But it only happened once in a while and was not consistent.

rutvik19

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes! I have the same exact behavior on my L900. I've found that simply turning WiFi off and on again fixes it. I'm sure this is not a hardware problem. I wouldn't be surprised if this is another data management issue similar to the LTE problems at launch. Now only if I could get Nokia's attention on this issue.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Would be nice, bit I think they are trying to get the camera issues tapered off lol.

PhilR8

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
I had this exact problem, too - I exchanged my Lumia 900 for a new one, and the new device doesn't have any WiFi problems at all. I strongly recommend you exchange your device for a new unit.

cluberti

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Note there's an issue if you *ever* enable Internet Sharing. Not sure this is what is happening here, of course, but when you enable Internet Sharing it screws up something on the phone that causes wifi to become sluggish and unusable until you reset the phone.

Michael-Dallas

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I've had this problem w/ my Samsung Focus and L900. It happens more on my L900 and it's getting a bit annoying. I go in and out of airplane mode to fix.

mtmjr90

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Happened on my Radar, didn't know other devices had the problem too. My workaround was to enable Airplane mode when I needed wifi on. Sucks, but better than never having wifi.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium