WiFi notifications disappeared

wlupus

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Hey forumers!

On my lumia 830 with DP 8.10.14203.306 in action center settings there is no default wifi app (with notifications, banners and so on). Does anyone faced with that trouble too?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey forumers!

On my lumia 830 with DP 8.10.14203.306 in action center settings there is no default wifi app (with notifications, banners and so on). Does anyone faced with that trouble too?

The apps displayed in the action center settings are those which have already displayed a notification before. This means that an app will not be listed in the action center until it displays a notification. For example, I rarely use WhatsApp - WhatsApp was not listed in my action center until I received my first WhatsApp message, after which I could customize the notification.

Force your Wi-Fi app to notify you, either by turning it on in a public place where it will prompt you to connect to one of the available networks, or by letting it automatically turn on when you're near one of your favorite places. Once you receive a notification, you can customize it in the action center settings.

wlupus

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
The apps displayed in the action center settings are those which have already displayed a notification before. This means that an app will not be listed in the action center until it displays a notification. For example, I rarely use WhatsApp - WhatsApp was not listed in my action center until I received my first WhatsApp message, after which I could customize the notification.

Force your Wi-Fi app to notify you, either by turning it on in a public place where it will prompt you to connect to one of the available networks, or by letting it automatically turn on when you're near one of your favorite places. Once you receive a notification, you can customize it in the action center settings.
Thanks for your reply, but I have already done that in public wifi networks but there is still no options in action center.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your reply, but I have already done that in public wifi networks but there is still no options in action center.

Wait, are you referring to the four (five for the 1520) slots in the action center or to the notification banners? If action center: you can change the quick action items under Settings > notifications+actions > Choose your quick actions. My previous post was for notification banners.

wlupus

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I referred exactly to the notification banner for Wi-Fi. It seems that wifi disappeared in notification/quivk launch settings, there are only few apps like eBay WhatsApp Mail etc. But wifi app is gone

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I referred exactly to the notification banner for Wi-Fi. It seems that wifi disappeared in notification/quivk launch settings, there are only few apps like eBay WhatsApp Mail etc. But wifi app is gone

I see. Gone? Disappeared? That would be strange.

When you tried turning your WiFi on in a public place, did you "leave" it on and running in the background, or did you wait and watch your phone without exiting the WiFi settings page?

In order for WiFi notifications to appear, you should at least leave your WiFi "on" and running in the background (leave the WiFi settings page) and go to a place where there is WiFi available - your phone would then "prompt" you via a "notification" that there are "WiFi connections available". Leaving it on will of course have an effect on your battery... but it won't be as noticeable as when taking photos for example.

Try turning "WiFi Sense" on for a day and see if that would work.

wlupus

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Just like you mentioned: Wifi working in background, earlier the banner appeared and claim something like "some wifi is here tap me to check" now it does not appear at all. Maybe it is because of last dev preview update?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Just like you mentioned: Wifi working in background, earlier the banner appeared and claim something like "some wifi is here tap me to check" now it does not appear at all. Maybe it is because of last dev preview update?

Alright, at least it's now clear that it disappeared. However, that IS strange. I've updated my phone to the latest and second "critical" preview for developer's update, but I don't seem to encounter the problem you're having - all my notification banners (and customized notification settings) are intact, including WiFi. The only difference between our phones is that yours is running Denim while mine is still on Cyan - this (in combination with the latest PFD update) might be the culprit.

wlupus

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, maybe it is because of Denim. On my Lumia 620 with Cyan and last PFD firmware 8.10.14203.306 It is still have the Wi-Fi section in notification settings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786