WIFI shutting down

dacarter77

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Just since the last update a couple of days ago, my WIFI is now turning itself off, and it won't let me turn it back on without rebooting. Sometimes I have to remove the battery to get it to work. Anyone else?

I hate to have major problems pop up like this in our last days with the phone where we just want it to keep working as long as possible. I'm worried that no one at MS is listening any more and stuff like this won't get fixed.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Just since the last update a couple of days ago, my WIFI is now turning itself off, and it won't let me turn it back on without rebooting. Sometimes I have to remove the battery to get it to work. Anyone else?

I hate to have major problems pop up like this in our last days with the phone where we just want it to keep working as long as possible. I'm worried that no one at MS is listening any more and stuff like this won't get fixed.

This has been an ongoing trend with the updates as they have slowly been causing issues; which have been steadily getting worse over time. At first it was some minor glitches such as double tap to wake being marginally unresponsive then the brightness sensor going all screwy and not working correctly in direct sun light. I'm not going to guess what the next one would be after faulty WiFi... not going to give them any ideas lol.

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site

Didn't even notice the update, which is common for me: Actually quite impressive that we're still getting them regularly. My Wi-Fi has not faltered at all, nor has anything else, and prior updates have not caused problems either. I never had a double-tap nor brightness issue that Techfreak reports. I've lost Microsoft apps such as Translator and Converter, and functionalities such as music-id, over the months/years but all my essential phone needs still work as well as ever, and even third-party somewhat-less-essentials like Spotify -which is Bluetooth-ing Sunday-morning music nicely through my stereo right now :wink:, have not balked. Good luck to you in getting past this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leliawindler