Win 10 anniversary update failure

ZPITA

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
I have searched all issues on this and so far no solution.

I have a Surface Pro 3. I have tried using the standard update approach, using a USB approach, deactivating and then uninstalling my Bitdefender and running the update rix program but still no luck.

The process goes to get to 9% complete, reboots and then reinstalls preivious version. I am trying to avoid a complete reinstall using the ISO file but maybe that is the only solution.

Any suggestions?

ZPITA

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
I thought I would try one more time without Bitdefender and using the usb with media for direct installation. Same result with error message 080070002-x2000 - The installation in the safe-os phase with error in stall_drivers operation.

Hopefully this is easier to solve.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi @ZPITA! Here's what MS says about the error code you posted. Also you might think about the in-place repair upgrade!
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/910336
The repair of Windows 10, can resolve many problems in Windows 10 functionality and some times is the most reliable and quickest way to fix the Windows 10 malfunctions. Also the in-place Windows 10 upgrade, which performed with the repair process, ensures that Windows 10 have the latest updates and fixes installed.
http://www.wintips.org/repair-windows-10-with-in-place-upgrade/

Last edited:

ZPITA

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
OK. Short version of response...tried all of the above. In the end still get message that it can not be installed 0x80070002-0x20007. Is it at all possible to get this done without a fresh install?

ZPITA

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Well, the last attempt was to create a DVD to reinstall windows to clean up the problems. Got through the whole process when the system told me there was not enough space on the new, fresh disk. Tried two others with same result. So, before I try the clean install let me be sure I understand some of the issues.

This is a Surface Pro 3. Am I correct that it is not necessary to have a Key? How much space do I need on a USB flash drive of a DVD(which I always thought 700mb was basically the largest)? Can I download it directly from Microsoft?

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi Friend! I'm not sure about a Surface Pro 3. I don't see why it would be any different. Here's a link from Windows Central that you might want to look at. You can also follow the procedure in Post #10. Here's where to get the MCT
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...Fsoftware-download%2Fwindows10&token=l0tZid1w
Let me know if this works for you. You shouldn't need a Key! The MCT down load is 3.38 GB. I'm not sure about the clean install.
How to use 'Refresh Windows' to do a clean install of Windows 10 Anniversary Update | Windows Central

Attachments

• Capture26.JPG
    Capture26.JPG
    151.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

ZPITA

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
I must be doing something very wrong. I tried the refresh approach, but there the MORE RECOVERY OPTIONS is not listed in my system. I tried following the link and it went through the process but in end failed. I tried a fresh install using a USB and clicking setup, again went through the process but in the end failed and the same message with respect to Safe_os during Install_drivers but can not find any driver problems. Tried the fresh install by booting from USB, prrocess started then a message to take out the USB, reboot normally and put in USB to continue. So I seem to be stuck. What next? Can I get a fresh full download from Microsoft or is the ISO file it. Please keep in mind My Surface pro 3 came with 8.1 and upgraded with the free download........

PLEASE HELP...

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi Sorry you are having so much trouble. Here's how I use the USB flash with the MCT. I have done it several times and it has always worked. It will take a long time to finish and your PC will restart several times. Plug your MCT into a USB port. Then click on Setup. This should install the anniversary addition with all your apps, setting and files! I will be logging on and off all day, so let me know how things are going!:wink:
PS unplug all devices except KB and mouse. Turn off your anti-virus program!

Attachments

• Capture28.JPG
    Capture28.JPG
    173.6 KB · Views: 2

ZPITA

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Thanks. Have finally gotten the fresh installation going and it is now the upgrade. Finally, so many hours of every ones time wasted. Before I go forward would like clarification on partitions, when the screen appears it shows six partitions. more then on recovery. I left this, for now, but is that normal? Is it necessary? Assume the recovery is the original system, but has all the attemps to get the upgrade created these? What happens if I delete all and have a single partition?

Thanks.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi Here's a good link from HTG about partitions.Beginner Geek: Hard Disk Partitions Explained
I'm not familiar with SP3. I have 3 partitions on my Toshiba laptop. Unless other members want to join this thread and talk about the 6 partitions; lets wait for the update to complete! Yes you can have just one primary partition. Here's what my disk management looks like.:wink:

Attachments

• Capture29.JPG
    Capture29.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 3

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi! Could I have a update where we are with this procedure? Are you saying the update has completed? The more information you can give me, the more it helps me to guild you!:wink:
Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion