Win a Lumia 950 or Lumia 950 XL in the Windows Central Fa-la-la-liday Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mliilon

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
Personally I'd go with the 950XL the reason for me is both simple yet difficult. I'm still rocking the 2012 'Flagship' 920 and still feel the burn of witnessing the release of yet another flagship device (the 1020) only a few months later. Since then I refused to purchase any windows phone that doesn't have comparable hardware specs than other flagships. And for those wondering, no I could not purchase the icon/930 because I'm not American and my carrier didn't carry them (Canada). The 950XL has comparable hardware specs, with a liquid cooled SoC (I mean come on liquid cooled) 3 gigs of ram for all that image processing its going to have to do with that camera, a QHD screen at 5.7 inches, a microsd slot for god sake that right there is a rare feature nowadays in flagships. I've been using the 920 and only the 920 for 4 years now, if anything I'd say that the one good thing about it is its solid build, haven't had a single problem with it, but with all things a time will come when we need to move on and, with the help of this contest I believe that time is now.

Last edited:

Bobsleopards

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I think it would have to be the 950, nice balance between big screen but not too big. That and it might actually fit in my pockets. I have seen the 950XL as they are just being rolled out at work and man they are big - damn nice screen though!

K4m1k4z3_WP

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
Numbers and benchmarks are one thing, but for me the ability to hold and use the phone one-handed is more important than a higher score in a benchmark that doesn't reflect real day-to-day usage. The choice for me would thus be clear - Lumia 950.

MattWilson9090

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
I think I'd choose the 950 XL, largely because of the larger screen, though of course the other features are nice.

It will all come down to physical size and how it feels in my hand though, so I'm going to have to get to a store where they have them so I can see what I prefer.

bilberryoghurt

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
If they tell you that size doesn't matter - don't listen to them. In this case, bigger is better, so XL is the only option.

Maybe in the end fate smiles at me, all the time I prepare to buy some Lumia, but simply i don't have the money.
Good luck everyone ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donodyd