Win a Lumia 950 XL from Windows Central!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zlat

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Would love to get the new phone and use the upgraded camera and specs to enjoy Win 10 all round. Then my little boys can have my old mobile to play games without me having to grab it back all the time.

tondasipek

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I like this phone. Simple as that. I always was (and perhaps will be) a windows (mobile) phone ******. Starting with my first handheld HTC Touch HD (WM 6.1) through HTC Radar (WP 7.5) to my final device Lumia 820 (WP 8.1), that i absolutely love. The Lumia 950 needs some OS improvements, but else i think it is a very respectful phone :) It has one of the best camera on a market and quite large battery, not speaking about all awesome hardware itself. Also I study my master degree at CTU in Prague - Mechanical engineering (Energetics) and as such I'm very curious about the new liquid cooling system :) Your web is the best for Windows (Phone) news - accurate, fresh info and very nice design work on whole site ;) And also good luck to others
Thanks
Tonda

instantcoffe

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
On the 950th day of Christmas, my true love sent to me
950 drummers drumming,
949 pipers piping,
948 lords a-leaping,
947 ladies dancing,
946 maids a-milking,
945 swans a-swimming,
944 geese a-laying,
943 golden rings,
942 calling birds,
(...)
Three French hens,

Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree.
(and also a 950 XL)

Bart Stens

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Wow! Today's my 30th birthday and what a great birthdaygift would this UNIQUE phone be ;-)

I've been a Windows Mobile>Phone>Mobile10 user since the day my Nokia 3310 battery died.
Now a proud owner of the phototastic Lumia 930, and an absolute Windows Poweruser.

Since I became a W10 insider for PC, combined with joining the WindowsCentral community, my productivity-level on my PC, laptop and tablet got from L to XL.

I'm confident that the Lumia 950XL would also bring the productivity-level on my phone to XL-status.
With my Lumia 930 now stuck at L-status, although W10 runs solid, Continiuum is THE primary reason why I'm hugely interested in the Lumia 950-series. For me personally this functionality gives me great advantage when giving PowerPoint presentations in college or at work, and make my friends jealous about my phone's OS.

Fingers crossed :)

Now I'm gonna eat my birthday CAKE. :cool:

Last edited:

msalmank

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I'd love to win the Lumia 950 XL so that I get a reason to jump back into the Windows OS. I've loved the Windows platform since the early years and have used Windows Mobile (Various versions), Windows Mobile 7, Windows Phone 8, and 8.5, and finally have played around with Windows 10 Dev Builds, till I eventually moved away due to the instability and randomness of the OS as it appeared to change over different test builds of Win 10. But I have been following it's progress closely on forums and from what I'm seeing it seems to have improved and I'd like nothing more than to give it another chance. But I don't want to shell out a large chunk of money to get a new device and be disappointed by it nor do I want to get a low-end device as those are not worth the effort (in my opinion, as a power user who prefers reliability and speed over cost)...

cbaten

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
As a die hard windows mobile fan since the CE days) am currently happily using a 1520, my somewhat impaired sight is helped by the large screen, W10 is becoming te best OS, the camera is competing with my DSLR in my photography hobby and I am fully intgerated with my professional Windows environment, through people, outlook, onenote, skype etc.
As a professional developer of wearable 3D movement analysis solutions for medical, sports and ergonomics I shortcut the development cycle by developing in a windows desktop environment and then run builds of that on the best compromise between small and powerfull full blown Windows portable devices getting rid of the neccesity of porting to a mobile OS. So I am eagerly awaiting to examine where the promise of the 950 (XL) / continuum combination (and the generation surface phones that will follow) will facilitate me further in developing these wearable applications.
Bottom line is that as a windows mobile fan I am just eager to see what realm the intriguing concept of the 950 XL and continuum will open both for private as professional use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlizaForbes