Windows 10 and Malwarebytes.

Jun 9, 2021
Visit site
According to AV-test Org tests. Windows Defender and Malwarebytes got the same score "https://www.av-test.org/en/antivirus/home-windows/" both programs have some pros and cons but an ideal combination to use.

But I had a strong reservation on Malwarebytes system resource utilization. its a small program in comparison with other antivirus program like Bitdefender, Kaspersky and Avast but impact or slower my computer even more then Kaspersky and Avast.

What do you think..??
Your experience of Malwarebytes..??

me just saying

May 17, 2020
Visit site
imo, testing sites are worthless. Go to ten different sites and you will get ten different results. Use your own judgement and experiences when picking antiviruses. To answer your question based on the info given, malwareybytes in general is mostly used for malware while the others you mentioned are mostly known for antiviruses. Two completely different type of utilities. All most users need is the free version of malwarebytes and windows defender.

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I've run free Malwarebytes with a few windows generations of MSE, Defender, etc. and together they give me sufficient confidence to have no need to compare the former nor the latter with anything else. I've subscribed to the paid Malwarebytes version once or twice for maybe 3 or 4 years total, but I'm careful and savvy enough, that the free version is as excellent and reliable as I require. I currently run it on both a Windows 7 desktop and 2 Win 10 Surfaces. It works very well, unintrusively, and does not use extraordinary resources that I note on any of my systems. I also don't see big differences between anti-malware and anti-virus categories, though I don't doubt that I could be more literate on these matters than I have felt a need to be in now almost four decades of micro-computing. I've also run Kapersky and more so Avast under Win 7, but neither at all for 10-15 years

NOTE: If I was a ruthless surfer/browser, or had high security needs because of the content of my work, I would consult a pro, and/or at least use the paid version of Malwarebytes. IN ANY CASE, ALWAYS BACK UP. GOOD BACKUP PRACTICES ARE MORE IMPORTANT FOR YOUR DATA AND YOUR SLEEP THAN GOOD ANTI-WHATEVER PRACTICES.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon