Windows 10 for 512 MB RAM devices?

Godson Arun Kumar

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Being a lumia 520 user I can say yes, certain apps often give loading or resuming screens after denim, but the whole picture is much glossier. Even high end games run super smooth on my phone, better than android phones with 2 GB RAM . Besides the low resource consuming characteristic of windows has been it's core value. Microsoft may not wish to change these core values, but are forced by the android phone market offering ridiculous specs at cheap prices, hence the 1 GB RAM on even the 435. Leaving out 512 MB devices from the W10 update would not only bring scrutiny from existing fans and users but also put a question mark on the core aspects of windows as an OS which has been its trademark since its inception as a mobile OS for phones from the time of WP 7 which ran smooth with the least of hardware specs. Thoughts guys?

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Everybody knows that all lumias including the 512mb RAM ones will get W10 (even MS stated officially) so what's the point of this thread?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Being a lumia 520 user I can say yes, certain apps often give loading or resuming screens after denim, but the whole picture is much glossier. Even high end games run super smooth on my phone, better than android phones with 2 GB RAM . Besides the low resource consuming characteristic of windows has been it's core value. Microsoft may not wish to change these core values, but are forced by the android phone market offering ridiculous specs at cheap prices, hence the 1 GB RAM on even the 435. Leaving out 512 MB devices from the W10 update would not only bring scrutiny from existing fans and users but also put a question mark on the core aspects of windows as an OS which has been its trademark since its inception as a mobile OS for phones from the time of WP 7 which ran smooth with the least of hardware specs. Thoughts guys?

You think not running a full blown PC OS on 512mb will bring scrutiny? Really?

Kaushik Dash

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
You think not running a full blown PC OS on 512mb will bring scrutiny? Really?
Are you retarded?

I see you posting everywhere that Windows 10 desktop and Windows 10 mobile won't be the same OS. Yes god damn people know it, they are in a tech enthusiast website, they have that much knowledge. This guy is even talking about his own cell phone, the Lumia 520. Obviously he's talking about the ARM version of Windows 10. Microsoft confirmed that -Windows 10- will be the successor to Windows Phone 8.1, not Windows Phone 10. It's just a ******* name. Damn.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Are you retarded?

I see you posting everywhere that Windows 10 desktop and Windows 10 mobile won't be the same OS. Yes god damn people know it, they are in a tech enthusiast website, they have that much knowledge. This guy is even talking about his own cell phone, the Lumia 520. Obviously he's talking about the ARM version of Windows 10. Microsoft confirmed that -Windows 10- will be the successor to Windows Phone 8.1, not Windows Phone 10. It's just a ******* name. Damn.

Chill bro, no need for harsh words.

Anyways, ALL Lumias are getting W10, confirmed multiple times even by MS - so there's no further discussion going about that fo sho.

However I think (this is my oppinion) they should leave them out slowly. MS is focusing on the low-end market too much and that's why they're on the distant 3rd place.
And with the technology going a mile forward each day, I think 512MB RAM phones are ancient stuff and should be extermined and replaced by at least 1GB.

It's the same as if MS would still make desktop OSes for those 10yo configurations that barely ran Windows XP, they just don't do that anymore.
It's time to buy a new device people, if you wan't OS updates and to be kept up to date you can't hold on to your ancient phones. Also you can buy a decent phone almost for free nowadays.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Are you retarded?

I don't know. You tell me. Am I retarded? What's your professional opinion on this?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Chill bro, no need for harsh words.

Anyways, ALL Lumias are getting W10, confirmed multiple times even by MS - so there's no further discussion going about that fo sho.

However I think (this is my oppinion) they should leave them out slowly. MS is focusing on the low-end market too much and that's why they're on the distant 3rd place.
And with the technology going a mile forward each day, I think 512MB RAM phones are ancient stuff and should be extermined and replaced by at least 1GB.

It's the same as if MS would still make desktop OSes for those 10yo configurations that barely ran Windows XP, they just don't do that anymore.
It's time to buy a new device people, if you wan't OS updates and to be kept up to date you can't hold on to your ancient phones. Also you can buy a decent phone almost for free nowadays.

Not all countries have carrier subsidy on phones so no free phones everywhere.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
No, I never buy phones that way, I meant you can buy a decent phone for like 150€ (sim-free and all that good stuff).

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
No, I never buy phones that way, I meant you can buy a decent phone for like 150€ (sim-free and all that good stuff).

That's not considered cheap in developing markets.
Even 530 costs $100 at its cheapest in India and that's definitely not free :)

Although I agree with u in most parts I don't agree that MS is in a distant 3rd cos of focus on low end.
They are distant third bcos of bad marketing and low promotion.
WP was focused towards the high end till pretty much late 2013 and nothing really sold well which is why they switched strategy for 2014.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6