Windows 10 Mobile build 14977 Discussion (Redstone 2; Fast Ring)

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Bit the bullet and went to fast ring on my 950 ds, day two and everything is working......battery even seems ok, a couple more days will tell.
No wi-fi dropping off or unlock screen unresponsive. TTP working. Cortana is answering texts, bluetooth connecting to my GM quickly.

I tried it before on my 950XL and did a hard reset and the results weren't so good, this time I just installed from 14393 without resetting....

Last edited:

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Have a couple of quirks in 14977 on 950 DS. Had a tough time getting the lock screen to show up yesterday, I was listening to Groove, took a couple pictures, was going to text a picture and the screen stayed black. After about 30-40 seconds it finally responded. I did a soft reset. Didn't happen anymore. Very rarely the lock screen won't swipe up and two presses of the power button resolves that.

Groove stops playing audio on Bluetooth but the counter and progress bar keep moving. This is typically when playing an album and the next track doesn't play. Day three and that started, other audio such as Audiable or a podcast have not done that. Groove also has just stopped for 15-30 seconds then just starts or I press play on my Bluetooth headset.

Battery has been better. Still room for improvement. I switched from 14393.xxx, I think it was between 448 and 579, I couldn't answer a call, the answer button moved up but stuck, sorta like the lock screen and it was a malfunction of a anniversary release, can't get the canned response "this is an experimental build, do not use on a daily driver" LOL. At least the RS2 allows me to answer so far.

Aniruddh Sharma

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
My WhatsApp has suddenly stopped working. The app refuses to open.
Did a soft reset. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Downloaded whatspp beta also. Did a hard reset too.
Still the app refuses to open.

Any one else facing this or is there any solution, Using Lumia 930. On latest Insider Fast Ring Build.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
My WhatsApp has suddenly stopped working. The app refuses to open.
Did a soft reset. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Downloaded whatspp beta also. Did a hard reset too.
Still the app refuses to open.

Any one else facing this or is there any solution, Using Lumia 930. On latest Insider Fast Ring Build.

Still OK for me on the latest build, not helpful I realise, but at least you know it's not a general issue. Might have to do a hard reset, not good.

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Well, no new builds until the new year, per Dona tweet. I guess there are worse builds to get stuck on over the holidays. Works well for me overall, but a bit unstable with freezes/crashes every so often. Especially an annoying tendency to freeze on waking (either when a notification is received or the phone rings). I will say it offers the best live tile performance on any build for quite some time, though.

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
HEY?!? Why don't you dl a different clock from the app store?
I just the oem clock that's on the phone. I had the WRT it back to original software/firmware. But turns out they needed to activate the replacement phone with my sim from my old phone. They just gave me a new sim. I'm on the release preview know and will probably stay there or very least go slow ring.

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
Well, no new builds until the new year, per Dona tweet. I guess there are worse builds to get stuck on over the holidays. Works well for me overall, but a bit unstable with freezes/crashes every so often. Especially an annoying tendency to freeze on waking (either when a notification is received or the phone rings). I will say it offers the best live tile performance on any build for quite some time, though.

Yea, I can live with 14977 through the holidays. Still, I hard reset to shake out the accumulating bugs.

Last edited:

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
If you don't run into an error trying to back up your stuff like I did, so I had to start over. But all your apps are in the library.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
wp_ss_20161219_0001.jpg
Recently, I am getting a "Yahoo Account is out-of-date" message, quite often (maybe, 10 times a day) on my 950XL. If I hit sync, it brings the email inbox "up to date", this last time I hit the sync icon, it brought me to a "supposed" Yahoo Account sign-in page (see attachment)? anyone else get this message? could it be a Phishing Attack on my 950XL, DS, USA, 14977.1000???

Last edited:

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Recently, I am getting a "Yahoo Account is out-of-date" message, quite often (maybe, 10 times a day) on my 950XL. If I hit sync, it brings the email inbox "up to date", this last time I hit the sync icon, it brought me to a "supposed" Yahoo Account sign-in page? anyone else get this message? could it be a Phishing Attack on my 950XL, DS, USA, 14977.1000???
Did you hear on the news about the "billion" person hack that Yahoo had a couple years ago and only recently discovered it? Same news said Yahoo would force everyone to change their password or maybe even more - can't remember exactly. Google it - DON'T Yahoo it :winktongue:

Peace. Alan
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
Lumia ICON [Win10M 14977.1000] Sportster
Even when I lose, I win.

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Did a hard reset and no Onedrive, Outlook Mail and Calendar, Groove, Voice Recorder.

Decided to not install Groove and am streaming from my PLEX server and it is working quite well.

Battery is at 39% after 12 hours. I did not install Outlook for the time being. Not having any lock screen lag or WiFi issues either.....This is the first time Voice Recorder has been MIA, funny thing is I can find all the missing APPS in my library, except Voice Recorder. I remember mtf1380 having recorder woes, was i not available in the library either?

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Same here, I downloaded voice from store

I looked in the store for "Voice Recorder" and looked in "My Library" and all that came up was "Voice Recorder Pro" which isn't it. Come to find out last evening I just typed Voice and "Microsoft Voice Recorder" returned but when installed it is just "Voice Recorder" Way too complicated!!! I'm stressing! LOL! I found it none the less.

I like the FACT that certain things like Groove can be left off, I would like that as an OPTION instead of getting the thing forced on us. I admit, most music APPS IMO are junk and don't work with OneDive but maybe if Microsoft would concentrate on the core OS, maybe some developers would build us APPS that would work with NextCloud such too.

I went to background tasks to disable "Phone Update" and it isn't in the list, I find that odd, and I also found e-mail and calendar, which are not installed, they were one of the programs that get left out on a hard reset....what a mess - no wonder there are so many issues.

anon(5680040)

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I looked in the store for "Voice Recorder" and looked in "My Library" and all that came up was "Voice Recorder Pro" which isn't it. Come to find out last evening I just typed Voice and "Microsoft Voice Recorder" returned but when installed it is just "Voice Recorder" Way too complicated!!! I'm stressing! LOL! I found it none the less.

I like the FACT that certain things like Groove can be left off, I would like that as an OPTION instead of getting the thing forced on us. I admit, most music APPS IMO are junk and don't work with OneDive but maybe if Microsoft would concentrate on the core OS, maybe some developers would build us APPS that would work with NextCloud such too.

I went to background tasks to disable "Phone Update" and it isn't in the list, I find that odd, and I also found e-mail and calendar, which are not installed, they were one of the programs that get left out on a hard reset....what a mess - no wonder there are so many issues.

I downloaded all the apps you mentioned and the build works fine.
Just 2 problems
1) screenshots need double tap and adjustment to show properly in photos app
2)appraisin app crashes when scrolling...

After the hard reset you are out of the insider updates unless you join again so why disabling the phone update?

nasellok

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
HELP - this build on my Lumia 950 is bordering on un-usable. I cant play music, it is stuttery, starts and stops when it wants. It crashes all of the time, at the most in-opportune times, and its generally driving me crazy - almost as crazy as i was back in the day when i gave up on Android and switched to WP. All i want to do is plug into my Surface, go through Device Recovery, and flash the latest release build, and establish some sort of normalty, and of course, my device is not detected. Ive tried it on other PC's, still not discovered. Does anyone have any suggestions? I want to Hard Reset, but im not quite sure what happens when you hard reset a Insider Fast build. Does it just re-install the fast build, or does it revert back to factory? Please help - Thanks!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb