Windows 10 Mobile build 15240 Discussion (Fast Ring)

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
MS: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...indows-10-insider-preview-build-15240-mobile/

https://www.windowscentral.com/windows-10-mobile-build-15240-now-rolling-out-insiders-new-emoji

General changes, improvements, and fixes for Mobile

1. We fixed the issue where trying to update Windows Store apps saved to your SD card resulted in an 8007000B error. Apps installed on SD cards should update without any issue.
  2. We fixed an issue where there was no icon shown for Windows Update for either new notifications or on the settings page under Settings > System > Notifications & actions.

Known issues for Mobile

• Occasionally, Narrator speaks phrases in English rather than the chosen non-English language.
  • There is a problem with the HP Elite X3 with wired docks where the portrait orientation setting is lost when the external display is disconnected and reconnected. A workaround for this is to reboot the phone after tapping the “OK” button instead of disconnecting and reconnecting. This workaround must be performed every time you connect to an external display you want to use with Continuum in portrait orientation.
  • When installing or updating a Windows Store app, you may see error 80070057. As a workaround, you can get the latest app by uninstalling the older version of the app from your device and reinstall latest version from Store.

This build and version is the latest Redstone 3 (?) build in testing for Mobile Insiders on the Fast Ring.

Issues? Bugs? Solutions? For all things build 15240, discuss it here.

Is your device behaving oddly, is something just not right? This is the place for discussion of software and hardware issues!
[TIP]Here is some useful information you may find yourself needing.
Some issues with responsiveness and app delays can be resolved by either restarting your phone or performing a Soft Reset.

If things get a bit more serious, you may opt to perform a hard reset or software reset.

Lastly, if things really get serious, you may need the Windows Device Recovery Tool to recover your phone back to working order - head over to the Microsoft FAQ Page for more information.

Make sure you check the official Windows 10 Mobile Support Page as well for some of the most common tips and trouble shooting guides.[/TIP]
[INFO]Restarting your phone involves turning it off and then turning it on again. Turn off your phone by pressing the power button until you are prompted to "Slide down to power off". Turn your phone on again by pressing the power button until it vibrates.

A soft reset is similar to pressing the reset button in PCs and has the same effect as pulling out the battery of your phone and then putting it back in. For phones with non-removable batteries, press the volume down and power button together until your phone restarts. Be aware that when using Windows 10, the voume down and power button combination will also launch Windows Feedback. Just continue to hold down the buttons for a full 10 seconds in order to trigger the soft reset. For phones with removable batteries, you can either opt for the button combination or remove the battery and then return it.

A hard reset or a software reset will reformat your phone by removing all the user information leaving only the bare OS and firmware currently installed in your phone. It does erase data so you should always keep a good backup of your phone just in case you have to resort to this option.

The software reset can be done by going to your phone Settings > System > About > tap on "Reset your phone." You will be prompted once before doing this just to be sure. Be sure, also, to have everything backed up since there would be no way to recover all of your files.

The hard reset accomplishes the same thing as the software reset, but can be accomplished when the phone is non-responsive and you are unable to enter into settings. To perform the Hard Reset, "Power off the phone > hold Volume Down > press Power > keep holding Volume Down until you see the exclamation (!) screen, then immediately release the Volume Down. Now tap Volume Up / Volume Down / Power / Volume Down. You should see the spinning gears and your phone will reflash the last OS version held in recovery.

The Windows Device Recovery Tool is the final option, for example for "bricked" phones that would no longer turn on, be charged, etc. This can be used to either roll back to a previous OS version or force an update to a more current OS version[/INFO]
Remember, when reporting bugs be descriptive! The more information you give, the better the chance someone will be able to help you.

What OS version? Any special conditions that should be noted? What were you doing? What is the result? Any error codes or messages given? What have you tried for solutions? What variant of the phone are you using? Single SIM or Dual SIM?

Please describe as much as possible about the bug so others may try and replicate the bug and don't make suggestions for solutions that you have already tried which have failed.
[INFO]When reporting bugs/issues, please also use the Windows Feedback app to report issues directly to Microsoft. Microsoft don't actively read forums looking for people reporting issues when they have a data collection system built right into the operating system. They use WF to analyse numbers and prioritise fixes (issues with more reports, get sorted quicker).

"You can use the Windows Feedback app to tell us which features you love about your Lumia with Windows 10, or when something could be better.
1.To launch the app, swipe over to the App list, and then select Windows Feedback.
2.See if someone else has given similar feedback by entering the topic, such as Microsoft OneDrive.
3.If you find similar feedback, tap the Upvote or tap on the feedback to open it, write the problem details to Add details-field and tap Send.
4.To narrow your search to a specific topic, you can filter the results by picking the category that matches your feedback the closest. For example, for feedback about the Microsoft OneDrive, select Apps and Games > OneDrive.
5.If you don’t find any similar feedback, tap + to add new feedback. Select the correct category and subcategory from the dropdown-list.
6.Enter your feedback (the more details the better!), add a screenshot if you can, and tap Send.
[/INFO]

pgoelz

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
L950, ATT

So far, can NOT duplicate the "fail to disconnect BT" issue from previous builds. Seems to be running smoothly. So far. Give it some time...... lets see if this is finally a build I can actually USE for a while without running into a fatal flaw.

Paul

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Downloading now. Not a major update, but good to see Microsoft updating to keep current with emojis. I saw iOS and Android were getting them, and just figured W10M would be left out.

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Seeing a few performance issues on this build. I have gotten stuck on a black screen when backing out of an app a couple of times and, just now, my phone froze mid-vibrate sitting beside me on my desk at work. Had to soft reset. At least it didn't freeze while making a sound (something that has happened to me on a few occasions on past builds).

950XL DS

plasmid_uk

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I didn't think it could get better than 15235 but 15240 so far is doing well on my L950. On the previous build my battery life would be at 30% by now with heavy WhatsApp usage, it's now sitting at 46% so it looks like I'll actually be getting through today with some battery life to spare!

Performance seems good so far, less glitchy when going in and out of apps.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Keep the feedback coming! Thanks!

Looking to put my wife's 950 DS on it. it's a daily driver. She's been complaining about battery life lately... seems whatsapp heavy drain.

northernpipeman

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Keep the feedback coming! Thanks!

Looking to put my wife's 950 DS on it. it's a daily driver. She's been complaining about battery life lately... seems whatsapp heavy drain.

I thought i was doing something wrong, but 5-6% per hour discharge overnight is flagged as WhatsApp and Lockscreen. This is followming a new battery and complete hard reset. I'm still playing around a bit with background app settings, and using battery saver or flight mode overnight, but passive battery drain has been pretty rubbish for me since the CU.

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I was always angry about the "non-disappearing music controls" (since WP 8.1).
Finally, they fixed it! (or is it just a bug? or was it fixed in a previous build). Play some music with Groove -> close Groove -> Music stops and they music controls disappear

pgoelz

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I was always angry about the "non-disappearing music controls" (since WP 8.1).
Finally, they fixed it! (or is it just a bug? or was it fixed in a previous build). Play some music with Groove -> close Groove -> Music stops and they music controls disappear

For me, the music controls simply aren't there.... anywhere.... if Groove is not in the foreground. Play some music and then lock the phone and the music continues. Unlock the phone and the only way to make it stop is to re-open Groove and stop it. Not sure this is an improvement.

What exactly do you mean by "Close Groove"?

Paul

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
@milkyway, Yes that is the way it has worked for me for a while.
@pgoelz, this too! is the way it works for me... but! I have also installed a 'STOP MUSIC" app from the store, so when I unlock phone, all I have to do is hit the 'Stop Music' icon that is pinned to the START screen and the app stops the music, and closes Groove.

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
My 640 updated overnight and this morning my alarm didn't go off, making me late for work. Tried to call my boss, but couldn't hear anything. Nothing I did would make a sound from the speaker. Rebooted and it seems okay now.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
No issues to report with this build, same as the last one. All previous issues have been resolved. Battery life is about 24 hours of heavy use. HP Elite X3 US.

augustaville

May 19, 2015
Visit site
Hi to those few of us left. I have an HP Elite and have been blessed (cursed?) with a lapdock. Outlook opens and shows on the taskbar on continuum, but outlook is nowhere to be seen. Same issue when using continuum on my TV. Does it work for anybody else?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb