Windows 10 Mobile compatible bluetooth mice and keyboards?

mahear

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I am looking get the small Cable Matters usb-c to hdmi adapter ($25 on Amazon) as discussed in one of the WC posts to use continuum and want to set up a Bluetooth keyboard/mouse combo. I have an older Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 and it does not work with my Lumia 950. I probably could run to the nearest Best Buy with a couple AAA batteries and begin testing, but wanted to know what luck others have had with Bluetooth mice and keyboards? Please list model, how well it works and if there is a noticeably large amount of battery loss. I will probably end up with another wireless charger to complete the set up for my 60? living room computer :smile:

mahear

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
UPDATE: Restarted my Lumia 950 and the Microsoft Notebook Mouse 5000 connected after 3 or 4 tries! Works very smoothly. I know that Windows 10 mobile is a scaled version of the full windows, but It didn't really hit me until I saw the little pointer on my phone screen. Crazy! I noticed that my battery usage (based on the Battery app) went up by about 3% when connecting to the mouse. So not sure if the keyboard will add another 3% of drainage and this is just a quick test so far.

katarzyna wa

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I have Windows 10 Mobile (10586.36) running on a Lumia 640 XL and yesterday I bought a Microsoft Designer Mouse to test a mouse and keyboard combo (I already have a Microsoft Wedge Keyboard that I had used with Windows Phone 8.1). I am able to connect and pair the mouse with my device and it works smoothly HOWEVER after turning off and on the bluetooth on my phone it does not re-connect. Putting the mouse in the pairing mode does not work. Removing it from the phone and pairing again does not work at all (it doesn't connect). The only thing that works is soft resetting my phone, but it's way too much trouble to do it every time i turn off and on the bluetooth on my Lumia 640 XL.

I know W10 Mobile on Lumia 640 XL is just an Insider Preview, but is there any chance that my mouse is faulty and I should return it? At the moment I am not able to test with any other device.

nsnhd

May 13, 2015
Visit site
Up to now the same happens to my Genius BL mouse and 640XL, it works smoothly BUT couldn't re-connect without phone restart. I think that it's a MS fault on W10m and they have to fix it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans