Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview 14322 Issues (Redstone Branch)

grazy1982

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm getting lots of pending app duplications for newly installed apps. Deleting the installed one still leaves the pending one. this I believe is causing the phone to drain super fast as until I installed a new app it was working fine. now I get about 6 hours max before the battery is dead! even in flight mode last night. took off charge at 1pm and at 6 it was off and completely dead!

I have these apps sitting in the download section in the store with no way to clear them or re-download them. battery usage also confirms the store had used 30% power on top of Groove which I had use for an hour that afternoon (before recharging)!

doing a hard reset now! hoping the memory card is unaffected?

When i first started playing around with it on my 930 i actually thought it was quite smooth, as in navigating menues, typing etc.
But other than that it's horrible, ridiculous battery drain, even before this build i was getting no more than 15 hours light use (i barely you it when i'm at work) but now even doing nothing by lunchtime it's time to charge ! the phone also get's very hot, reminds me of when i first got it in august and had one of the preview builds on from then
Data keeps getting lost for some reason
I can't sign in in messaging, so no sms backup, when i press "sign in" nothing happens (i think this was like this on the previous build also)
don't know about the app or store problems
occasionally i can't unlock the phone, the screen doesn't turn on

Also it makes a different sound when i vibrates, actually sounds like a hardware problem but i didn't drop and has been doing it since the day i woke up after the update.

Other than that i noticed a few new things, in data settings you can now set to "3g only" (i noticed that from last build) and "3g & 4g" only

grazy1982

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I used the fix widely report by others here in the threads. 1) go to store, download any app, when it starts to download, hit "pause all", wait a couple of seconds, hit "install all". Worked great for me.

perfect! just spotted your comment! I seem to be getting errors but ill keep trying! I was about to hard reset and this I believe was causing my battery drain issues!

Update: ok I spoke too soon!

looks like its removed them from the store but now I have 1 installed and another pending i.e. duplicated in the all app list!

I'm wondering if this is the battery drain issue I have. I may just turn the store off (no background activity) to see if this removes the battery drain for now and wait to see if the next update fixes this bug!

update 2: looks like going back to store those apps were there again! so did the same. they all cleared again! but this time the duplicate pending app had disappeared! so first time it may not have worked as I had deleted the installed 1 of the 2 in the list! the app I used to pause all and resume all I managed to pause on its own and then cancel install.

the apps now cleared of the "pending" I just uninstalled as normal! this is probably the biggest issue I have had since the start screen loading.... bug about 9 months ago!

Last edited:

Mark Longley

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting lots of pending app duplications for newly installed apps. Deleting the installed one still leaves the pending one. this I believe is causing the phone to drain super fast as until I installed a new app it was working fine. now I get about 6 hours max before the battery is dead! even in flight mode last night. took off charge at 1pm and at 6 it was off and completely dead!

I have these apps sitting in the download section in the store with no way to clear them or re-download them. battery usage also confirms the store had used 30% power on top of Groove which I had use for an hour that afternoon (before recharging)!

doing a hard reset now! hoping the memory card is unaffected?

There are loads of post explaining how to sort the pending store apps out, both in this forum and Dan's 'hands on' feature... Just read man 😎

After some days, the battery drain had settled to getting a full day again on my 950xl. Looking forward to the next build to see some progress with the main bugs 🙂

grazy1982

May 28, 2014
Visit site
There are loads of post explaining how to sort the pending store apps out, both in this forum and Dan's 'hands on' feature... Just read man ��

After some days, the battery drain had settled to getting a full day again on my 950xl. Looking forward to the next build to see some progress with the main bugs ��

yep, see post above I just about saw the solution before hard resetting! thanks :)

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Well I just used the build for 24 hours and sent some feedback and now I will have to now do use the recovery tool because too many apps are not working including facebook messenger which I use daily.

Also ONE DRIVE was working at first then also force closes a few seconds after trying to launch it.

I did do a full reset after the install and did not do a backup restore ( as I never do).

Lumia 950XL

About facebook, there are two workarounds: open incoming messages from the notification, if you do not have pending notifications you can open the app via the main facebook app (two taps instead of one tap...). I know this sucks, here is hoping they push out another build this week, I don't want to roll back, I like the new features!

Anil Mandal

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
1. Glance screen is not working properly
2. All the installed apps are still showing in the store
3. Some of the apps are not opening like UC Browser, Operamini

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Finally got those hanging apps gone buuuut the one I downloaded to start the process still hangs around. I'll have to wait for any other app up dates and see if I can't cancel that one.

Genio88

Jan 3, 2016
Visit site
Any news about a new update to fix all these issues? i hope they'll release a new build as soon as possible cause glance screen doesn't work properly and last day it drained my battery from 100% to 40% just keeping the Lumia 950XL in my pants pocket for less than 2 hours...Windows Hello of course doesn't work either with the iris sensor that gets crazy turning on when it shouldn't and remaining off instead when it should work...
I really can't figure out how did they not notice these issues, I mean they are pretty big problems and this redstone updates are available only on a few devices, one would think that they checked on these things before releasing it on a *** ship like the Lumia 950XL...

kvrbrijith

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
1. Glance screen doesn't have proximal sensor activation

2. In lock screen, if press the power button two or 3 times,the phone gets locked. Cannot be opened. We need to soft reset the phone.

3. Lots of apps, even after deleting, shows 'pending' status in all app screen

4. Lots of the apps can't be opened(messenger, ucbrowser etc)

5. Can't open the text message directly from the notification... Need to open the app first..

6. In locked state, all the navigation buttons are changed...

letmethinkaboutit

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
Re: Overall of Build 14322

I having issue with downloading additional keyboard..stuck at 'attention required'. re-enrolled in insider program, still same issue. totally annoying...in one build they fix it and in another build the break it....why it is so difficult?

letmethinkaboutit

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
I agree....L640. more update more bugs...more battery drain...more pending downloading apps....w10m is is still less 50% complete compared to 8.1...switched back to 8.1 for while...we miss the smoothness in w10m....though when tried 295 on 1520...it was snappy.....no complaining.... "Doing the duty of an insider ��"

KickAssLumia

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
My issues on an unlocked 950XL Dual Sim:

1) Windows Hello is messed up. Scans for iris when screen is off and doesn't scan when screen is on.
2) Bluetooth in my car is worse now than it already was.
3) IM+ FCs. Need this for Yahoo IM for my work.
4) Alarm.com app FCs now. Need this for my home security mobile access.
5) Camera has crashed more than once.
6) Battery now drains faster. Suspect it may be because of Hello trying to scan when it shouldn't.
7) Shutting down phone sometimes hangs and have to hard restart.

Overall, never seen this buggy a release since the early W10 insider ring releases.

KickAssLumia

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: Overall of Build 14322

I having issue with downloading additional keyboard..stuck at 'attention required'. re-enrolled in insider program, still same issue. totally annoying...in one build they fix it and in another build the break it....why it is so difficult?

Code branching at the OS level can be pretty bewildering. It is to be expected. Eventually, fixes from other branches will be merged to this branch.

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
Finally got those hanging apps gone buuuut the one I downloaded to start the process still hangs around. I'll have to wait for any other app up dates and see if I can't cancel that one.

Ha! I had this too, always one last app "pending." It takes some fiddling around, but I got rid of it. If I recall correctly, i just followed the procedure, including waiting for the download to start (and run for a bit) before hitting "pause all." Wait a couple seconds. Then hit "restart download" And, voila, one time, it cleared all the apps. Welcome to beta-land.

swanlee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Seems their is still a couple of issues I'm having now not fixed in this new build.

Tweetium crashes
Dupe apps in download store
glance issues

GEO147

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
I started getting a bug where the screen was failing to turn on. I could hear the sounds from key presses but couldn't see the screen. Thankfully that seems to have been addressed in the next build. I'm gona give that a shot now? Anyone else?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124